whats best dog ye seen perform.....

The bitch has probably killed her share of roe but I believe 700 is an exageration to inflate MOO'S bigger than average ego, either that or he cannot count.

Never mind the brown nosers, it looks like there is a green eyed monster around as well......its a veritable rainbow of emmotions :D

Me and Dillon was laughing about this thread today, and to coin a phrase.....those in The Know, know! :laugh:

Yer Iam so jealous, behave :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think a lot more lads out there could have better dogs than they have, i know i could, i have a decent'ish bitch that wants more, needs more, and is capable of doing more, she is switched on, intell

This is one of those topics were you everybody has a different opinion on what constitutes a good/great dog....Its all relative to the people you know and the circles you run in....I've seen and owned

The bitch has probably killed her share of roe but I believe 700 is an exageration to inflate MOO'S bigger than average ego, either that or he cannot count.

Posted Images

Never mind the brown nosers, it looks like there is a green eyed monster around as well......its a veritable rainbow of emmotions :D

Me and Dillon was laughing about this thread today, and to coin a phrase.....those in The Know, know! :laugh:

Yer Iam so jealous, behave :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Surely your jealous you dont have someone to discuss the huntinglife with I know I am :laugh:

• Like 1

i think a lot more lads out there could have better dogs than they have, i know i could, i have a decent'ish bitch that wants more, needs more, and is capable of doing more, she is switched on, intelligent, and fast, she has put a good bit on the floor but nowhere near as much as she would in others hands, thats my fault, the potential to become an excellent bitch but i don't bring it out in her, all her litter excelled at what they were bred for but not every one puts the work and time in to their hounds, the bitch Moo mentions earlier on in this thread has access to thousands of acres of prime land and an owner that can go out whenever he wants and is as keen as a lad half his age, the gear has been put in front of her and she has been taking it daily, not weekly or monthly, but daily from 9 months old and he would tell you better but id say at least 7 or 8 full seasons going bang at it, i have seen her drop multiples with regular abandon and she is definitely one of the best bitches i have seen, her son incidentally is also a tremendous tool to have.

Another one that stands out in my mind is Scooby, i saw him work and i saw him put stuff on the deck, i didnt see him much but the time put into a dog shows in the standard they work at, the dog was ultra obedient and knocked over an astonishing amount of gear in his short years. By the time i saw him he had done what he was going to do, the same dog could well have ended up on the skip if it went to one of the tits that this place seems to breed, but it didnt, the owner put thousands of hours and miles into making it what it was.

Another cracking dog i saw do a fair bit was a dog called Rocky, owned by a mate of mine in Clitheroe, it was a rough coated dog which loved anything with fur, that dog lifted some critters in his lifetime and did it as good as any dog i have ever seen, again a lot of why this dog was as good as it was is because it got the gear and time put into it by a VERY keen young fella.

Jonny Mango from Burnley had a 23 inch beddy cross that would knack foxes quicker than your average flabby bull cross and she was absolutely mint, lots of lads would have given good money for that bitch, she was a cracking dog but already 7 years when he bought her in from Baz for 30 quid and half ounce of golden virginia.

Ive also seen Dancer run and would be a fool to not be impressed, there were dogs there that day that i wouldnt know the names of but some excellent performances were turned in.

I've seen dogs from all over the country and grown up with a generation older than me that were obsessed with the dog game, i've seen hundreds of dogs and met equally as many cocks that own them.

There is a good number of good dogs in this country and an even bigger percentage of potentially good dogs but unfortunately what we are lacking is people that know how to bring out the best in a dog or can be even arsed putting in the time.

• Like 6

i think a lot more lads out there could have better dogs than they have, i know i could, i have a decent'ish bitch that wants more, needs more, and is capable of doing more, she is switched on, intelligent, and fast, she has put a good bit on the floor but nowhere near as much as she would in others hands, thats my fault, the potential to become an excellent bitch but i don't bring it out in her, all her litter excelled at what they were bred for but not every one puts the work and time in to their hounds, the bitch Moo mentions earlier on in this thread has access to thousands of acres of prime land and an owner that can go out whenever he wants and is as keen as a lad half his age, the gear has been put in front of her and she has been taking it daily, not weekly or monthly, but daily from 9 months old and he would tell you better but id say at least 7 or 8 full seasons going bang at it, i have seen her drop multiples with regular abandon and she is definitely one of the best bitches i have seen, her son incidentally is also a tremendous tool to have.

Another one that stands out in my mind is Scooby, i saw him work and i saw him put stuff on the deck, i didnt see him much but the time put into a dog shows in the standard they work at, the dog was ultra obedient and knocked over an astonishing amount of gear in his short years. By the time i saw him he had done what he was going to do, the same dog could well have ended up on the skip if it went to one of the tits that this place seems to breed, but it didnt, the owner put thousands of hours and miles into making it what it was.

Another cracking dog i saw do a fair bit was a dog called Rocky, owned by a mate of mine in Clitheroe, it was a rough coated dog which loved anything with fur, that dog lifted some critters in his lifetime and did it as good as any dog i have ever seen, again a lot of why this dog was as good as it was is because it got the gear and time put into it by a VERY keen young fella.

Jonny Mango from Burnley had a 23 inch beddy cross that would knack foxes quicker than your average flabby bull cross and she was absolutely mint, lots of lads would have given good money for that bitch, she was a cracking dog but already 7 years when he bought her in from Baz for 30 quid and half ounce of golden virginia.

Ive also seen Dancer run and would be a fool to not be impressed, there were dogs there that day that i wouldnt know the names of but some excellent performances were turned in.

I've seen dogs from all over the country and grown up with a generation older than me that were obsessed with the dog game, i've seen hundreds of dogs and met equally as many cocks that own them.

There is a good number of good dogs in this country and an even bigger percentage of potentially good dogs but unfortunately what we are lacking is people that know how to bring out the best in a dog or can be even arsed putting in the time.

Brilliant :thumbs:

These numbers can be achieved if you are keen have the right dog the right ground.this bitch had a few years well over the hundred mark and was still at it at 10

I have read some comments and I can see the doubters, I have seen this bitch work and to be honest she would do that number a peice of piss :yes:

Nothing to do with inflateing my ego I am lucky enough to only work 6 months of the year so so had the time ,ground ,gear and at the time the right bitch who was out out doing it every spare minute I had ...this bitch went through her whole carreer with only a knocked up toe and just never got major injuries due to her easy relaxed running style ....Her son I know could of put they numbers in the bag but with his size and running style means he takes some knocks.

Jo get out with the hounds and you might see its achievable cause yesterday when you were on here snipeing about I was out tracking some roe like I am most mornings or evenings

post-23537-0-62450000-1304240835_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

mate of mine has a colliexhound and i have to say iv seen him excell at all quarry .Hes a demon on foxes and larger quarry .He has a knack of sweeping quarry and killing almost instantly.If there was a single dog iv seen graft that i could have then id have him in a heartbeat.Iv seen this dog do things that iv never seen any other lurchers do

How old, and what way bred is the dog mate?

his breeding would actually be ,his dam is half colliexhound and his sire is laguna whippet ,and what a whippet he was in his day ,iv seen him take quarry 3 times the size of him and he would smash foxes for fun all day

a colliegreyx salukigrey snipe. this dog i have seen work alot of times, he is 10 years old now, but even at 9 years old could still catch 20 rabbits in the lamp, and pre ban not bad on deer+hares :thumbs: .Must have been great dog in his day,Bryn my 1x colliegrey is a very good rabbit dog day+night,i know there are better dogs than him. But where ever i have took him , and i put the miles in i(always) come back with good bags(20-30) of rabbits, so he might not be the best but he is worth a mention :thumbs:

i too have seen snipe run on vairious quarry and he will take some beating,would of loved to see this dog run in his prime

like you say Ray he is ten now and is only now showing signs of slowing down a bit.

im goin to put a question out some wont like,everytime the wreckin crew get a mention people always argue about the numbers they get etc

so im goin to put that question to you why would you want to take that many roe? and what did you do with them after?

My mate who sadly passed away recently owned the best lurcher I've seen run, gave me very happy childhood memories she lamped, ferreted and jumped like no dog I've seen since, but for me she was the dog that started my love of the game. My mates sorely missed and so is she.

Nothing to do with inflateing my ego I am lucky enough to only work 6 months of the year so so had the time ,ground ,gear and at the time the right bitch who was out out doing it every spare minute I had ...this bitch went through her whole carreer with only a knocked up toe and just never got major injuries due to her easy relaxed running style ....Her son I know could of put they numbers in the bag but with his size and running style means he takes some knocks.

Jo get out with the hounds and you might see its achievable cause yesterday when you were on here snipeing about I was out tracking some roe like I am most mornings or evenings

You told a scouser he had already achieved those numbers, or to be precise 700 that number you seem to like so much :whistling:

See Mik good liar's need good memorys which you dont seem to have :no:

Oh and I prefer to hunt with my dogs winter time not at the moment when the does are full of milk feeding young and the bucks are thick as f**k with fanny on the brain :thumbs:

• Like 2

You told a scouser he had already achieved those numbers, or to be precise 700 that number you seem to like so much :whistling:

See Mik good liar's need good memorys which you dont seem to have :no:

Oh and I prefer to hunt with my dogs winter time not at the moment when the does are full of milk feeding young and the bucks are thick as f**k with fanny on the brain :thumbs:

Jo give me a bit more credit than that he is not even 5 year old and had a season off with a broken leg so theres your first lie and as for does feeding young and bucks haveing fanny on the brain its just turned May you need to do a bit more homework on your quarry .