Burn the Koran: get 70 days in jail. Burn a poppy, get a £50 fine

It seems burning a poppy is way less an offence than burning a Koran. Both in my opinion are hate crimes and should be given roughly the same sentence. The gulf in punishments is appalling, shame on the justice system. This is insulting

Poppy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ma...-david-cameron

Koran

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-13119241

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Half the people on here probably think I am Pro Muslim. I am in fact anti-religion but pro-choice and believe in freedom of speech.   Neither should be illegal the government shouldn't get involved

how many people have been sent to prison for steeling books from librarys? my guess not many, if any. i think the fact that it was the koran that he stole has a lot to do with the sentence he got. if

The muslims are seeing how far they can push the British, seems they can get away with anything without the British fighting back

This is a perfect example of how arse upwards our country has become....ok if they want to burn the poppy in their own country fair do,s go ahead.....but dont burn the poppy in our country in front of our eyes,just the same as i wouldnt go to a muslim country and burn the koran in front of their eyes even though i might burn it here at home.....

Now if i burn a koran here in England and a muslim sees me then whos in the wrong place at the wrong time me or him !!.....this country is becoming totally reversed to what most human beings worldwide would regard as common sense.

• Like 1

This is a perfect example of how arse upwards our country has become....ok if they want to burn the poppy in their own country fair do,s go ahead.....but dont burn the poppy in our country in front of our eyes,just the same as i wouldnt go to a muslim country and burn the koran in front of their eyes even though i might burn it here at home.....

Now if i burn a koran here in England and a muslim sees me then whos in the wrong place at the wrong time me or him !!.....this country is becoming totally reversed to what most human beings worldwide would regard as common sense.

What ever the case with burning poppies and Koran's the punishment should be the same for both.

What they (the law) don't seem to realise is that they're not going to get the extremists onside by giving this chap a worse punishment for burning their holy book. It will only encourage the Muslim divs to take the piss further IMO.

Just proves the point that they are treated differently to us,maybe one of our resident muslim defenders would like to explain why the sentances are differnt for the same crime???

What a f.....g joke this country has become.

Not be back from mosque :ninja: :ninja:

if you burn a koran thats your right if they burn the poppy thats their right.

its freedom of expression and its a human right we all do or at least should have.