this has been a way of life, for at least 200 years, we lost our lands to the English Landlords,we could not pay our so called taxes,

they crashed our homes,made them inhabitable,and put our fore fathers to the road or to the sword, cleared the Highlands, of humans, and replaced

them with sheep, to hunt with a dog or a couple of dogs to feed the family is only natural,and then people from inner cities, who has everything on there door step, who has No Idea of living in rough rural places, decide to Ban Hunting, and then you have some Idiots, stating summer hunting,

if every one who owned a hunting dog,or running dog, only killed for there table, and for there family to eat, there would be abundance of game all over the UK,((((( I regonise pest control, that has to be done in certain areas, but that programme is a true way of life, which was thrust upon the innocent, people,

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

right first things first, these people are not gypsies, they are what is left of the highland traveller tradition, secondly the way the sun wrote that peice should be f*****g investigated it smacks or

People happily sit at home watching tribes from different countries hunting food to eat and this was no different. The traditional travelling people in this country are part of rural life whether peop

That's the kind of comments i would expect from people who buy and read the sun newspaper,the only time i would look at the sun is if the wind blow it open at page3.

just see there on the internet after a mate told me about yesterdays paper. they videod themselfs out hare coursing and got 3 infront of the camera, now the police are wanting them. a bit daft putting it on camera. what do yous think

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3521905/Cops-set-to-probe-gypsies-seen-taking-part-in-hare-coursing-on-TV.html

the boxing was in 1996 so when was the coursing filmed its old footage i think :thumbs:

just see there on the internet after a mate told me about yesterdays paper. they videod themselfs out hare coursing and got 3 infront of the camera, now the police are wanting them. a bit daft putting it on camera. what do yous think

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3521905/Cops-set-to-probe-gypsies-seen-taking-part-in-hare-coursing-on-TV.html

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity :wallbash:

http://www.thescotti...sing-on-TV.html

the boxing was in 1996 so when was the coursing filmed its old footage i think :thumbs:

The boxing was for the 1996 Scottish schoolboys championship, 1996 being the year the boys were born.:thumbs:

So no not old footage.

People happily sit at home watching tribes from different countries hunting food to eat and this was no different. The traditional travelling people in this country are part of rural life whether people like that or not. Romany people have been part of the english countryside longer than many of the rural traditions people see as part of our heritage and scottish travellers have been on the road for hundreds of years.

• Like 3

1996 was their birth year. The schoolboy championships are held every year for the last 4 years of schooling. normally 13, 14 15 and 16. so it would of been at least 2009. They could try a "Necessity defence" if taken to court. It was a necessity to kill the hares for food for their family as their children had not eaten. Goes back to 1860 when the crew ate the cabin boy. I think they got found guilty :icon_eek: next they will be banning schoolboy boxing

interesting program,see-ing them taking that pile of rubbish and using it for firewood and scrap,was something different.the travellers who frequent our area are tidy untill they get an eviction notice,then you get bin bags full of shitty napies thrown all over the place,middle of roundabouts etc.

been there and wore the tee shirt the place ther were staying was were i stayed in prestopans and the garage was portseton met these lads many a time at third carpark they were hawking scrap near b q as for the hare coursing bit it was for the pot and there was no shortage of them , and well some areas of scotland are still old fashioned ,i thought they wer4e hill rabbits lol, the native american can hunt for food so the traditional scotish traveler should do to with permision they were doing no wrong cant beat a good hare stew ,i think there will be a big turnout and if a fine i think there will be a few to help out as i would , being a keen hunting fisherman ,the tried to stop netting on beaches goverment hare coursing saw my way of life get harder after 28 myears of doing past times for the pot and a bit bartering ,if alex salmond wants to rule scotland heel have to readust the hunting act and some other silly laws

Maybe the powers that be should spend more time with illegal immigrant,Or has the PC brigade made our own culture an easyer target.Anyway great program.Not many could live a life like that.Just a pity the papers focus on the hare coursing.These days devil dogs make better headlines than Scottish culture.:censored:

The Sun Newspaper is a disgrace, these Tinker families were living off the land and camping in the Summer,they were not dealing Dope, or claiming benefits, although I don't think its right killing Summer Hares, they were eating them, and they did have six kids,

Good luck to them I say, and I agree with Whin if indigenous Peoples are allowed to kill Whales what's wrong with Ancient Tinker families taking a hare.

• Like 1