favorite quotes

Lady to winston churchill - "You sir are drunk" (in disgusted tone)

Churchill - "Yes Madam, I am indeed drunk, but in the morning i shall be sober, but you alas, will still be ugly"

Wasn't Churchill I'm afraid.. Nearly 100% sure it was Oscar Wilde but it was definatly one of the Irish poets. Whichever Irish poet that said it was definatly the original person to say it, Churchill may have said it later on.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"NEVER LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY".................................   QUOTE..................-17/03/2008 MARKBRICK THE DAY HE GOT INVOLVED IN RUNNING DOGS :thumbs:

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig (1948-)

... There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy.

heres a few more churchill quotes, i realy like the dig at the yanks :thumbs:

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations :icon_redface:

. You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they’ve tried everything else

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it

Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn’t happen.

HERES A FEW MORE DIGS AT THE YANKS,,,,oscar wild this time :thumbs:

America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.

what goes around comes around :thumbs: a true fact

:laugh: So true,... :thumbs:

And, in today's modern world, of the Internet Forum,...

"A lie can travel halfway around the world. while the truth is still putting on its shoes

Mark Twain

what goes around comes around :thumbs: a true fact

:laugh: So true,... :thumbs:

And, in today's modern world, of the Internet Forum,...

"A lie can travel halfway around the world. while the truth is still putting on its shoes

Mark Twain

read that somewhere before think it was a terry pratchett book either way its a quote i have use myself haha