favorite quotes

"He may be an ugly deformed little b*****d...but he's 'my' ugly deformed little b*****d!":..Earths Mum after given birth to Earth..1927... :whistling:

"I'd love to walk a mile in another mans shoes....ad be a mile away and ad have his shoes!!".....Billy Connolly....(along they lines anyway)... :thumbs:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"NEVER LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY".................................   QUOTE..................-17/03/2008 MARKBRICK THE DAY HE GOT INVOLVED IN RUNNING DOGS :thumbs:

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig (1948-)

... There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy.

Padraig Pearse on Easter 1916

"We are ready to die and shall die cheerfully and proudly, you must not grieve for all of this.

We have preserved Ireland's honour and our own. Our deeds of last week are the most splendid in Ireland's history.

People will say things of us now, but we shall be remembered by posterity and blesses by unborn generations.

You cannot conquer Ireland. You cannot extinguish the Irish passion for freedom. If our deed has not been sufficient to win freedom, then our children will win it by a better deed.

Ireland unfree shall never be at peace".

its in the wrong hole

its not the size of the dog in the fight ,its the size of the fight in the dog

im here for a long time not a good time

jesus is that all ye got topnotch cause iv a ring piece like a magicians sleeve .......Earth Feb 2010 at the gay pride march

"I'm not the best Football Manager in the world, but i'm definitely in the top one"

Old big head.

:thumbs:he was great wasnt he,,,,,, he had some great quotes.

:yes::yes:

"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right."

Thats the one i was thinking of,,, :thumbs:

heres a few of bill shankleys

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.â€

“When I've got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.â€

“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.â€

“The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game.â€

“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.â€

Jock Stein quotes

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players"

"I think it is important to win a match, but I think what is even more important is the manner in which you win."

"Jock, if there were two players, one Catholic and one Protestant. Who would you sign?"

"The Protestant"

"Why?"

"Because I know that Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

My time will come!"

Jock Stein to John Mackenzie of the Scottish Daily Express, prior to European Cup final 1967 after enduring snubs and mind games from opposite number Herrera (Inter Milan Manager)

Stein's inspiring pre-match battle cry was:

"If you're ever going to win the European Cup, then this is the day and this is the place. But we don't just want to win this cup, we want to do it playing good football - to make neutrals glad we've won it, glad to remember how we did it."

Jock Stein before the game 25th March 1967

"I am now going to tell him (Herrera) how Celtic will be the first team to bring the European Cup back to Britain. But it will not help him in any manner, shape or form: we are going to attack as we have never attacked before. Cups are not won by individuals, but by men in a team who put their club before personal prestige. I am lucky - I have the players who do just that for Celtic"

Jock Stein 23rd May 1967

"We must play as if there are no more games, no more tomorrows..."

Jock Stein, shortly before kick off in Lisbon

"We don't just want to win the European Cup. We want to do it playing good football, to make neutrals glad we won it, pleased to remember how we did it."

Jock Stein before the European Cup win in 1967

“Coming here you’ve made history, go out and play to you capability and enjoy yourself.â€

Jock Stein to the players as they were to go out to play in the European Cup Final (1967)

After wining the European Cup

"We did it by playing football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football."

“There is always a time to move on.â€

"This team will never be beaten!"

Jock Stein to Bill Shankly on bus back, overheard by Bertie Auld

"There is not a prouder man on God's Earth than me at this moment. Winning was important, aye, but it was the way that we have won that has filled me with satisfaction. We did it by playing football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football. There was not a negative thought in our heads. Inter played right into our hands; it's so sad to see such gifted players shackled by a system that restricts their freedom to think and to act. Our fans would never accept that sort of sterile approach. Our objective is always to try to win with style."

Jock Stein, 1967

Interviewer : “What a wonderful season!â€

Jock Stein: “Aye, but what do I do next year?â€

“We hope that the next hands on the European Cup are yoursâ€

Prophetic words from Jock Stein to Matt Busby in 1967, as he received the BBC Sports team of the year award form him in 1967 (Man U under Matt Busby ended up winning the European Cup in 1968)