possibly the worst looking staff/pitbull ive evrt seen

As far as my mates concerned , its his thing , he likes em that way so who are we to judge ? he puts a lot of time effort , money and care into his dogs and would put alot of `dog men ` to shame . So yes mate , i hear ya , not my ideal either , but good for him .

Why good for him ?....good for him that he chooses to own a poorly bred poorly put together dog ?...lets call a spade a spade not dress it up like winning a noncey rosette at a kennel club show is a good thing !.....as admirers of working/sporting dogs we should be strongly discouraging the backwards breeding of once decent dog breeds,not turning a blind eye and saying " its his thing ".....if i purposely had a child with a woman with no arms knowing the resulting offspring were going to have physical abnormalities is it ok to say well thats fine i put a lot of time and money into the kid and " its my thing ".........no,its plain wrong to breed backwards....the object of any breeding should be to improve on the previous generation not purposely try to make them worse !....the show dog world is a disgusting reversed world where bad is good and good is bad.......the sooner more people tell it like it is the better.

As for " who are we to judge "....anyone with a brain in their head and a little common sense !

Not starting shit here i just cant stand that attitude of knowing somethings wrong but passing it off as " its ok because he puts time and money into it "....how does he put any more time or money in than anyone else,its not like the dogs need good food and exercise to waddle round a showring.

• Like 4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why good for him ?....good for him that he chooses to own a poorly bred poorly put together dog ?...lets call a spade a spade not dress it up like winning a noncey rosette at a kennel club show is a g

Losing 10 lbs would`nt hurt the fat fecker .......

A "Fat Sausage Bull" I believe

As far as my mates concerned , its his thing , he likes em that way so who are we to judge ? he puts a lot of time effort , money and care into his dogs and would put alot of `dog men ` to shame . So yes mate , i hear ya , not my ideal either , but good for him .

Why good for him ?....good for him that he chooses to own a poorly bred poorly put together dog ?...lets call a spade a spade not dress it up like winning a noncey rosette at a kennel club show is a good thing !.....as admirers of working/sporting dogs we should be strongly discouraging the backwards breeding of once decent dog breeds,not turning a blind eye and saying " its his thing ".....if i purposely had a child with a woman with no arms knowing the resulting offspring were going to have physical abnormalities is it ok to say well thats fine i put a lot of time and money into the kid and " its my thing ".........no,its plain wrong to breed backwards....the object of any breeding should be to improve on the previous generation not purposely try to make them worse !....the show dog world is a disgusting reversed world where bad is good and good is bad.......the sooner more people tell it like it is the better.

As for " who are we to judge "....anyone with a brain in their head and a little common sense !

Not starting shit here i just cant stand that attitude of knowing somethings wrong but passing it off as " its ok because he puts time and money into it "....how does he put any more time or money in than anyone else,its not like the dogs need good food and exercise to waddle round a showring.

very good post...

Yokel

not tryin to offend you or ya mate just stating what i believe, be honest what chance would it stand against a 20"plus

staff or pit in a fight........ remember this is what they where bred for, so im not condoning dogfighting, just saying its not bred true to the job it was intended to do

there seems to be a facination with leg length/height to shoulder on here. and a belief that the taller the dog the better it will be at it's original task. it's not a dogs height that is the problem, it's the height to weight ratio.

any dog that has been bred specifically for it's leg length, be that leg length 16 or 22in

is going to struggle against a dog that has been bred for generations for sport solely. a dogs ability to perform should be the only standard you need to tell you he's built right.

i'd take a 17in gamedog over a 20in cur every day of the week...

yokel.

p.s. yoggerman, this is'nt a personal attack on your post, just used it to highlight what seems to be a trend on here when ever bulls are mentioned.

• Like 1

FFS

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it , he has his , i have mine , you have yours . Lets not try to impose our views and pass them off as correct because its what `I think is right` . There`s just no need sometimes ...............

there seems to be a facination with leg length/height to shoulder on here. and a belief that the taller the dog the better it will be at it's original task. it's not a dogs height that is the problem, it's the height to weight ratio.

any dog that has been bred specifically for it's leg length, be that leg length 16 or 22in

is going to struggle against a dog that has been bred for generations for sport solely. a dogs ability to perform should be the only standard you need to tell you he's built right.

i'd take a 17in gamedog over a 20in cur every day of the week...

yokel.

p.s. yoggerman, this is'nt a personal attack on your post, just used it to highlight what seems to be a trend on here when ever bulls are mentioned.

Totally agree....ive been saying for years these so called " sporting dog shows " ...reid shows and the like are every bit as bad as the kennel club shows,people breeding staffords for leg length,conditioning them up to the eyeballs just to stand them in a showring and have old uncle ed give them a rosette....no different to the freak show kennel club shows only a different standard.

As with any performance breed,conformation comes last and if it can it is ;)

Edited by gnasher16

FFS

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it , he has his , i have mine , you have yours . Lets not try to impose our views and pass them off as correct because its what `I think is right` . There`s just no need sometimes ...............

So breeding physically inferior dogs ON PURPOSE is ok with you is it......its not opinion or views its basic right and wrong,and thats wrong and should be wrong in any reasonably intelligent persons mind.

Theres an old saying i like....." never be a fool to your own intelligence " ;)

Edited by gnasher16

I like the way you think Gnasher. I've been saying for years that if you're breeding for Phenotype, long legs, short legs or whatever, then you ain't breeding for performance. Breed from winners and the rest will follow.

Below is a little dog I bred more than a quarter century ago.....not possessed of the trendy leggy phenotype, but a Champion for all that....Ch Marvin.

marvin.jpg

Why good for him ?....good for him that he chooses to own a poorly bred poorly put together dog ?...lets call a spade a spade not dress it up like winning a noncey rosette at a kennel club show is a good thing !.....as admirers of working/sporting dogs we should be strongly discouraging the backwards breeding of once decent dog breeds,not turning a blind eye dand saying " its his thing ".....if i purposely had a child with a woman with no arms knowing the resulting offspring were going to have physical abnormalities is it ok to say well thats fine i put a lot of time and money into the kid and " its my thing ".........no,its plain wrong to breed backwards....the object of any breeding should be to improve on the previous generation not purposely try to make them worse !....the show dog world is a disgusting reversed world where bad is good and good is bad.......the sooner more people tell it like it is the better.

I like the way you think Gnasher. I've been saying for years that if you're breeding for Phenotype, long legs, short legs or whatever, then you ain't breeding for performance. Breed from winners and the rest will follow.

Below is a little dog I bred more than a quarter century ago.....not possessed of the trendy leggy phenotype, but a Champion for all that....Ch Marvin.

marvin.jpg

My kind of dog. Just to add. Buster you keep saying ya mtes dog won b.o.b so why was it reported as an acheivment because HUBBULLS the promise. Was from a dogs home. Batterseas I belive. Just a question if im wrong im wrong but I dont think I am.

FFS

But what Gnasher has said is correct. It's common sense to be honest mate. Breeding a mutated version of a breed/type of dog cannot be good for anything other than the breeders annual holiday fund can it?

marvin.jpg

he nice stamp to look at D :thumbs: