Whats your fav book

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill get some stick for this but i got diary of a rat hunter by plummer when i was ten and to be honest reading that awakened my intrest in ferreting and hunting with dogs and turned me on to other hunting books ferreting by fred taylor and a sporting life by waddy wadsworth .Pappillon telling the story of escape from devils island was another favourite .I used to like the angling books as well i think one was by kevin nash about his quest for big carp and another was a passion for angling which had atv series of the same name really liked when they fished redmire pool in wales.In early childhood liked beatrix potter stories especially samuel whiskers and mr todd the fox.

No stick from me Matt... Some of Plummers early books, are a bloody good read.. :thumbs:

Theres one i had called the complete book of sighthounds lurchers and longdogs big thick book loads of info,i wish i could find it now as apparently its worth a few quid and i havent seen it advertised with his usual titles,he definitley had an entertaining writing style and there wasnt as much to read back then if you were intrested in fieldsports in pre internet days :thumbs:

Famous Five books i really enjoyed as a youngster. First week of secondary school i turned up for an English lesson with a BASC Handbook & some knobhead bought along an A.L.F publication, needless to say we didn't get along for the next seven years :laugh:

And of course these.

C8435604.jpgC3980507.jpg