My brother inlaw needs some help

My nephew James died on the 7th of October 2004. He was 7 years old and had had a long struggle with terminal cancer. He laid in his grave for 5 years while my Brother (his father) waited for the Priest and the Church to give him a yes or no on the proposed gravestone. For 5 years my family had to visit a wooden cross to pay their respects and for 5 years they all waited pantiently. In the end, my Brother grew tired of waiting and went ahead and gave his son a headstone. Now, after 2 years with the stone on his grave, my Brother and his family have been told to remove the headstone in six weeks, or they will not be laid to rest beside their son in the plots they already own. This, in my opinion, is the worst kind of emotional blackmail I've seen. Take off his headstone or leave your son alone for the rest of eternity.

Very Christian.

Anyway, the point of this post is that my brother in laws family need names. He's filed an online petitionand hopes for at least 1,000 names. It doesn't matter who you are, I just need you to sign this, if you can. It hurts to think that my brother in law, his wife, and his daughter are being told how to mourn their son and brother.

Thanks shottgunkelly

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/jimmys-headstone/

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Signed ,get the papers onto this

its a sad state of affairs, when people cant let an innocent child rest in peace........ i went to little jimmys funeral, and remember thinkin, what the hell his parents and sister must be going thro

My nephew James died on the 7th of October 2004. He was 7 years old and had had a long struggle with terminal cancer. He laid in his grave for 5 years while my Brother (his father) waited for the Priest and the Church to give him a yes or no on the proposed gravestone. For 5 years my family had to visit a wooden cross to pay their respects and for 5 years they all waited pantiently. In the end, my Brother grew tired of waiting and went ahead and gave his son a headstone. Now, after 2 years with the stone on his grave, my Brother and his family have been told to remove the headstone in six weeks, or they will not be laid to rest beside their son in the plots they already own. This, in my opinion, is the worst kind of emotional blackmail I've seen. Take off his headstone or leave your son alone for the rest of eternity.

Very Christian.

Anyway, the point of this post is that my brother in laws family need names. He's filed an online petitionand hopes for at least 1,000 names. It doesn't matter who you are, I just need you to sign this, if you can. It hurts to think that my brother in law, his wife, and his daughter are being told how to mourn their son and brother.

Thanks shottgunkelly

Why have they to remove the headstone? Thats a shame wouldnt be happy if it was me!

My nephew James died on the 7th of October 2004. He was 7 years old and had had a long struggle with terminal cancer. He laid in his grave for 5 years while my Brother (his father) waited for the Priest and the Church to give him a yes or no on the proposed gravestone. For 5 years my family had to visit a wooden cross to pay their respects and for 5 years they all waited pantiently. In the end, my Brother grew tired of waiting and went ahead and gave his son a headstone. Now, after 2 years with the stone on his grave, my Brother and his family have been told to remove the headstone in six weeks, or they will not be laid to rest beside their son in the plots they already own. This, in my opinion, is the worst kind of emotional blackmail I've seen. Take off his headstone or leave your son alone for the rest of eternity.

Very Christian.

Anyway, the point of this post is that my brother in laws family need names. He's filed an online petitionand hopes for at least 1,000 names. It doesn't matter who you are, I just need you to sign this, if you can. It hurts to think that my brother in law, his wife, and his daughter are being told how to mourn their son and brother.

Thanks shottgunkelly

Hi can you put a link to the petition up ,

Petition signed, such an amazing lack of compassion, i am disgusted, i have young children and they mean more to me than anything, its not worth thinking about for something to happen to them, i sincerely hope your family are able to resolve this pathetic ruling.......

they were waiting for the church to agree to the stones design but after 5 years of no clear answer they thought it was long enough so went ahead and fitted the headstone and now after 2 years the church wants them to remove it

I,d be writing a serious letter to the heid yins mate,wating for 5 yrs and still no answer is a disgrace to a family in mourning :thumbdown:

I,ll sign it now mate :thumbs:

Very Christian.

Thanks shottgunkelly

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/jimmys-headstone/

that u buggsy its me peter. johnny,s brother sory to here that mush that is the wurst thing i ever hurd peter and johnny oul the best bugs.