Thanks to Pianoman and Sniper#1

Hi, folks

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Simon and Josh for a top day out :thumbs:

Met up at Simon's house at around 12, had a cuppa , then off to one of his permissions about 5 mins drive away. I was introduced to the farmer and his wife ( and grumpy dog...) then we set off to do some sighting in and a bit of practice.

The plan was we were going to spend some time plinking and trying out each other's guns, Simon with his two AAs and his 77, I'd fetched my 90 my 52 and my King Ratty (too cold for the Ratty though, so it stayed in the car) then we were going to go for a mooch through some woods.

We'd been shooting for about an hour when some of the lads from the cindicate that also shoots over the land turned up to shoot the same land :( Arse!!!!! A bit of a bugger but hey-ho....

As it turned out, we had a really great shoot anyway. We set up a target range starting at 30 yards going out to 60. Simon showed some trully first class marksmanship with his beloved 77 with some groups at the 60 mark that I'm not going to shout about but let's just say I was impressed, to say the least :thumbs:

Josh is a real chip off his dad's block and showed a level of skill many shooters with a great deal more experience would've killed for. A smashing lad and It's no wonder your dad's so proud of you, Josh.

Cheers!!

Many thanks again, fellas. I'm very much looking forward to next time!! :laugh::D

Edited by andyfr1968

hi ya andy

this is what this site is all about aint it buddy :thumbs: people sharing there sport hobby trade with other folks what more can you say simon and josh top lads and good to see and nice to read to i will give a 110% thumbs up for this and your a top bloke to buddy glad you had a good day matey :thumbs:

no more to say on this one top lads

shay

Thanks for the comments, lads :thumbs:

Simon really does know his stuff. His training as a sniper is very much still with him, VERY handy with a rifle!!

It's always great to meet up with folks from here, I've met a good few during the time I've been on and all have been first class. A shared interest and love of shooting and the countryside and all that goes with it.

Cheers :thumbs:

Nice ones lads,

Great to see more regulars out and about and enjoying their sport together.

Well done on the 60 yard groups Simon, thats a impressive range to group well at.

Si.

Hey what can l say!! :icon_redface: :laugh

Thanks for your kind remarks lads, we really did have a great day's target/rifle workout. Andy you really are a great lad to know and I hope we can be friends for all time. I'm very lucky to have such a vast amount of farmland and woodland for a permission and, as you saw Andy, the shottie syndicate isn't up to much really. We can meet up on Sundays hereonwards if you like. Plenty for us to do here.

Stevo, I'd be delighted to give you some spring rifle coaching sometime mate. Same goes for all types of rifle really. It's about correct hold, good lung/breathing control, learning how to control your heart/pulse rates and keeping it real with a great rifle and a correctly set-up scope. My HW77 and Simmons Whitetail 4-14x40mm are perfectly complemented to eachother. It's only a basic 30-30 duplex reticle but, using the lowest possible mounts gets it as close to the bore centre as possible. That helps to flatten trajectory and reduce holdover to easier-to-manage levels. If you shoot with a mildot reticle, check out Si's vids on mildot calibration mate, he's got it spot on the money. :gunsmilie:

Thanks Si for the complement mate.

Josh went to bed a very happy little lad. I'm seriously thinking of selling my beloved Air Arms TX200 pair to get him a top rifle (HW77) of his own, he can grow with. I think he deserves one

Simon

Edited by pianoman

All the gear, no idea.... :thumbs::laugh: 'I'm wit syndicate, innit...' :laugh:

Josh shot very well indeed with your 77, Simon. How's about getting him that 95 from his mate? Sounds like a good price assuming it's not a total dog....

Mate, it was a pleasure today. We've a fair bit in common apart from shooting and I always value friendship :thumbs:

'Til next time..........

hi

nice to see members getting together,simon did andy bring his cheap beer with him :laugh:

a nice day was had with flat caps & ferrets :laugh:

well done :thumbs:

regards

davy

:laugh: Ya bugga!!! I'm never going to live that one down, am I.....???? :doh:

At least you got to use them as targets 'cos to be honest, that's all they were good for!! :D