British people

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing is we4 are all proud of our own nationalities but at the end of the day we ARE British, i dont think we should be highlighting our differences and creating division at a time when we realy d

I consider myself British, that's what I identify myself as. But my roots go back to Ireland which I would never deny.     By Blood you'd be Half English, quarter Welsh quarter Irish. You are what

And that's a very good point that so many folks seem to miss....   I'm half Irish by blood and I love going to Ireland but I was born and bred in England so that's what I'd class myself as.   I ma

If my paternal grandma was welsh , my maternal grandma was Irish and both of my grandfathers were English what does that make me ?

I was born in England but does that make me English ????

it definatly doesnt make you scottish!! :thumbs:

If my paternal grandma was welsh , my maternal grandma was Irish and both of my grandfathers were English what does that make me ?

it definatly doesnt make you scottish!! :thumbs:

:11:

I consider myself British, that's what I identify myself as. But my roots go back to Ireland which I would never deny.

By Blood you'd be Half English, quarter Welsh quarter Irish. You are what you feel you are IMO. If you've been born and bred in England and you're half English by blood anyway, and you feel English then that's what you are.

Just because you say you are one, it don't mean to say you hate the others or anything like that.

• Like 1

I consider myself British, that's what I identify myself as. But my roots go back to Ireland which I would never deny.

By Blood you'd be Half English, quarter Welsh quarter Irish. You are what you feel you are IMO. If you've been born and bred in England and you're half English by blood anyway, and you feel English then that's what you are.

Just because you say you are one, it don't mean to say you hate the others or anything like that.

And that's a very good point that so many folks seem to miss....

I'm half Irish by blood and I love going to Ireland but I was born and bred in England so that's what I'd class myself as.

I married a Welsh lass, once upon a time..... Big mistake but that was down to her as a person (and me too...) but I've never blamed it on her Welshness... :laugh::D

• Like 1

I married a Welsh lass, once upon a time..... Big mistake but that was down to her as a person (and me too...) but I've never blamed it on her Welshness... :laugh::D

I would of, they're f*****g nuts! :clapper: Why do you think I married a Jock..? ;):laugh:

• Like 1

I would of, they're f*****g nuts! :clapper: Why do you think I married a Jock..? ;):laugh:

has she still got the scots accent malt?

my grandad was scotish but i am english.. most important is i am a yorkshire man....

Good man I was about to say above all I'm a Yorkshireman :thumbs:

is it just North Yorkshire where everyone is permanently miserable then?

goin out anywhere round here on the lash is like night of the living dead.

Only when she's pissed off with me or pissed pal... :(:laugh:

She's still got a very mild Aberdeen accent, but sometimes she sounds more Welsh than I do! :yes::thumbs:

Only when she's pissed off with me or pissed pal... :(:laugh:

She's still got a very mild Aberdeen accent, but sometimes she sounds more Welsh than I do! :yes::thumbs:

haha aye i bet she can swear in broad scots :laugh: