A big thank you to Davy and Andy

zini

Hi lads,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Davy (DavyT63) and Andy (Andy&Archie) for giving me one of the best shooting experiences in years yesterday.

Also to the other regulars who joined us and made me feel very welcome, thank you.

Davy arranged for me to join him and another 5, making 7 of us, all regulars from here at his local HFT course.

After a great morning there shooting using my new .22 BSA Ultra multishot that I got off Shay (Ill leave the HFT write up for the winner, Davy) we went back to Andy’s house to have a plink on his 30 yard range, finely zero our rifles to pellet on pellet quality and do some rifle and pellet testing.

We tried the new Falcon Accuracy plus .22 pellets (13.4 grain) in 3 rifles, my new BSA Ultra multishot, Andy’s Air Arms Superlite and his BSA r10.

The results were fantastic against Air Arms own quality pellets. We found that all 3 rifles grouped out of this world with the new Falcon pellets, beating the Air Arms pellets by about 3 or 4 mm in group size every time.

After I had finely zeroed my Ultra off Andy’s work bench I shot a group with the .22 falcons at 30 yards, witnessed by Andy.

Remember lads that the back of one .22 pellets is 5.5mm in diameter, this group was 10 shots with a edge to edge diameter of 17mm total and I had 1 flier included in that group size :thumbs: .

The flier was the pellet top right of the group. Without that it would of been even smaller :yes: .

The circle around the group was drawn by Andy, and it’s a UK 5p piece.

What the group equated to was a 10 shots almost stacking up on each other and flattening out at 30 yards, and all from a .22 relatively cheap PCP compared to some. Brilliant accuracy.

Just goes to show the quality of the Ultra and the Tench tune and regulator.

The picture that I and Andy took of the group will be under this post.

After the plinking and pellet testing Davy took me and Andy to the dairy farm ratting, as I asked if I could get some scope camera footage to finish section 8 of the DVD.

Wow what a night the rats were out especially in the grain store, where all you could hear was the squeals of the rats as we entered. Andy and Davy were real gents and used their NV scopes to spot the rats for me before I turned on my scope camera and my Deben Tracer Max (SUN LAMP) with the IR filter fitted to take the shot.

In about 2 to 3 hours max I shot 11 rats in total on scope camera finishing section 8 plus adding about another 2 or 3 missed shots to the section on “The ones that got awayâ€.

Davy and Andy did about the same, making for quite a lot of shot rats. The farmer will be very happy.

After that we said our goodbyes and Andy drove me back to camp.

Brilliant time, brilliant company and I really enjoyed myself, thanks so much all who made it so special for me.

Si

post-2627-0-13622700-1295869995_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-70337400-1295870008_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-21537200-1295876343_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini
  • Like 3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   I just wanted to say a big thank you to Davy (DavyT63) and Andy (Andy&Archie) for giving me one of the best shooting experiences in years yesterday.   Also to the other regulars who

Posted Images

Some more (1)

Notice the only TRAMP without combats on :wallbash: .

No one told me that we had to be sneaky and blend in to shoot them metal targets LOL :doh::laugh:

Si

post-2627-0-54773800-1295870177_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-33083300-1295870183_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-31185400-1295870188_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini

Nice post si, was nice to meet you, great pics you took there.

Well done on the ratting can't wait to watch the footage.

The wiltshire gang are allways a joy to shoot with, top blokes!!

.atb. .ste.

Well done for organising it davy and thanks for the invitation :)

Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Cheers lads i edited the first post as i missed a 1 off the 7 LOL (I wish).

It was 17mm, but still tight and well inside a 5p piece.Just imagine what it would of been without that top right flier? :o:blink:

Si.

Hi Ste yep it was nice to meet you and Paul for the first time too.

Si

Edited by zini

hi ya si

looks like you all enjoyed yourselfs then and the pictures are great as well as the write up buddy looking forward to seing the dvd footage of the ratting matey

glad you like the ultra action matey she is a cracking little gun buddy well i got my son to lend me his 177 ultra (your one ) and changed the scope and well have a look at it and let me know what you think going to try it out on the squizzers in the morning if there is any that is :thumbs: mine and my son's guns IMAG0179.jpg

tench re'd hornet 22

and tench reg'd ultra 177

the ultra now for the morning shoot IMAG0183.jpg

wish me look buddy

and great shooting lads and si no matter what gun you use buddy your always spot on pal

shay

Edited by venomviper

Cheers Shay,

The girls look sexy as hell there buddy, all scoped up :thumbs:

Good to see my old baby dressed and looked after well :yes:

Im sure Brendan will like her buddy. She is very accurate and hits hard.

Si.

Cheers Danny,

Davy has the photos of the rats on his camera that we managed to retrieve.

Hopfully he will post them as big as he can on here and ill copy them as well buddy.

The Falcon pellets really do transfer energy well and stop rats well.

Si

Aye Davy's flying the flag for spring rifle shooting with his TX200HC...probably explains why he won! :laugh: This is a great write-up with photos Si. How about putting names to the faces so w we know who's who when we get together in April?

Great stuff this lads, well done to you all for making a great success of it! :thumbs:

Simon