Bipods! Which One?

jasper65

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, mate.   You may have problems if you fit any kind of pod (gay, straight, bi or curious...) to your TX. If you're shooting from the pod all the time you'll be fine but when you're not useing it,

Posted Images

I have to say that dr bob, altho simple in design looks very well made and if I had a buddy bottle I would have one on, also a bipod mounted forward on the bottle wil be a lot easyer to hold the cross hairs on a target than one mounted further back down the stock, wont it??

.atb. .ste.

• 4 weeks later...

Bipod arrived today from Hong Kong and seem pretty good for the price! put it this way it will do the job it was intended :thumbs:.

Just a few pictures showing the Bipod on the gun and also showing where I have fitted the sling under the Bipod! hopefully all of it is fitted ok but I must admit it seems a bit flimsy to hold a 10lb + gun? or am I just being paranoid? the other thing is the sling catches on is the knurled bolt that tightens the Bipod to the gun! when the gun is over my shoulder the sling pulls up against it, probably do with shortening the bolt a little..

Hopefully the pictures will give a rough idea what I mean! plus have I put the sling in the right place?

cheers Jasper

post-251-0-96125200-1294755220_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-62090200-1294755239_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-01561000-1294755259_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-50016900-1294755277_thumb.jpg

hi jasp mate,

looks right to me mate! thats where i put mine when using a sling that hasnt been cobbled together from paracord or baling twine. the only problem that i find with it is that it can be bit noisy when bringing the rifle to shoulder for a kneeling or standing shot, with the metal sling clip and bipod tinkling as they hit, but if youre just walking with the sling on to a pre determined ambush site thats not gonna be problem :thumbs:

cheers, wurz

Nice one Wurz cheers pal :thumbs:

the one thing that was worrying me is the sling coming away while I was carrying the gun! can just imagine the sling breaking loose and the gun swinging down and hitting the deck :cry:.

I stuck the "Dr Bob" clamp round the bottle and clamped the Bipod onto that, hopefully all will stay ok and hold up to me clambering about with the gun on my shoulder, if not it might be safer to stick a stud in the forend of the stock for the sling :thumbs:....

atb Jasp

should be ok jasp, i had a dr. bob clamp on my rapid and it was fine mate, although the rapid's a LOT lighter than your daystate bud.

cheers mate, wurz

edited to say- forgot, my bipods a harris, but yours looks very similar mate, i dont think youll have any problems, but dont sue me if you do...

Edited by gurtwurz

i ordered the same zini recomended bipod when i read this thread, and it arrives a few days ago and i am well impressed for the price :yes: but did have the same worry as you, i thaught about putting a stiffer ring in place of the weak split ring on the front of the bolt arm instead as the bolt looks long and the strap looks like it will turn with the strap touching it when walking a long distance :hmm:

i ordered the same zini recomended bipod when i read this thread, and it arrives a few days ago and i am well impressed for the price :yes: but did have the same worry as you, i thaught about putting a stiffer ring in place of the weak split ring on the front of the bolt arm instead as the bolt looks long and the strap looks like it will turn with the strap touching it when walking a long distance :hmm:

spot on Tom :thumbs:

this is the same worries I have been having here! I'm thinking of removing the bolt and taking it down so it sits further in away from the sling attachment, still a bit worried also how strong it is with the weight of the gun on the sling when being carried :hmm:, It would certainly do alot of damage if it slipped and the Gun dropped....

cheers Jasp

dont be worried about the strength of it, the whole idea of it is it utilises the QD as a clamp and the weight is spread through the stock making it very secure

As for cutting the wheel down, it doesn't interfere as much as you think it will, I have exactly the same one and trust me it isnt an issue

Darryl

dont be worried about the strength of it, the whole idea of it is it utilises the QD as a clamp and the weight is spread through the stock making it very secure

As for cutting the wheel down, it doesn't interfere as much as you think it will, I have exactly the same one and trust me it isnt an issue

Darryl

I'm useing one of them "Dr Bob" bottle clamps Darryl instead of useing a stock fitted sling stud. the Dr Bob seems to be doing its job ok but I wasn't happy with the way the Bipod connected to it! its a small clamp with a pin either side that clamps either side of the "Dr Bob" stud hole, hopefully this will be fine but it does look a bit flimsy.

atb Jasp

jasp i have just made my mind up im in love with your stock loads more detail than my air ranger stock

cheers Base Jumper :thumbs: must admit the stock is quite nice but I have had some ups and downs with the gun in the past, did you manage to get hold of a full length shroud? it definitly brought this gun back to how it should be :thumbs:.

atb Jasp

just realised mate....my bad!

Theres quite a few guys on the BSAOG using Dr Bob's on the S10's and R10's.

Didnt really fancy it myself as I think I'd be unsure how much weight I'd be putting on both the bottle connection and the stock screws possibly making a small but maybe negible movement on POI

If nothing else it certainly looks the part :thumbs:

Let us know how you get on with it mate!

Darryl

Jasp the bipod you have linked to is the exact one I bought and currently have on my HW100

Good, strong and well made. I'm not bothered what anyone says, they are just as good as the Harris/Deben ones out there for a fraction of the cost

Darryl

Hi marksman , did you have to get a longer stock screw? if so where did you get it from?

regards.