The Big Freeze

Well two weeks into the freeze and its chaos on the roads, airports and raillinks. The Gritters and Snow Ploughs are nowhere to be seen and its an event just to get out the estate on to the main road which isn't any different :wallbash:. Getting to work is a f*****g nightmare and having to come back is even worse :wallbash: . Its the same every year councils unprepared. How the f**k do scandinavian countrys and places where snow is common manage. These countrys all seem to have the infrastructure to deal with blizzards 10 times worse than anything we get. There's no point in staying at home cause I cant do anything but sit in front of the TV. Roll on the f*****g summer where its only the rain we need to contend with. Rant over! :cry:

I suppose the Scandinavian and other cold countries are guaranteed snow each year while I don't think this part of the world is, so they invest and plan on that basis. Heard from one of the council lads here that they'd just purchased a new gritter, then got a call from the County Council yesterday that no gritting was to be done as there was no money to pay them, and to take time off equal to the over time pay they'd already received. Good planning there :toast:

THis country is f*****g pathetic, a bit of cold and a light sprinke of snow and everyone shits themselves and EVERYTHING shuts down. Yes we may not get extreme weather every year. . . . . .except that now we do, and we have been predicting this snow for a while, so where is the excuse? I've lived in some supposedly 'backwards' countries where there is feet of snow on the ground for months and its at least - 10 every day and still everything goes on as normal. I was sitting on buses and trains and catching flights in Lithuania at -27. Britain.. . . . . MAN THE f**k UP!

• Like 1

I agree with ideation, on the news today the reporter was in siberia and it was -50 celcius, the repoter threw a mug of boiling water in the air by the time it reached the ground it was snow, yet people were going on with their business.

One things for sure they wont run out of salt this time round...they aint using f*****g any :wallbash:

:laugh: yes we seem to just stop dont we, mind you temps have really down.Suppose to be a long hard winter coming :doh:

well we are out in it all hours. layed twelve lorries of concrete yesterday. putting up feed barriers and gates/doors tomorow :thumbs: life goes on here. the last two winters are the only bad ones in the last twelve. in scandinasa you can just about set your watches on the snow coming at the same time most years :thumbs:

2ft here in some places, gritters cant get in the village as there is one road in and out and anybody who can is parking on it i the hope of getting out.....most arent! all the moaning bout high roadtax and 28mpg seems worth whille now!

the missus's motor

sedici.jpg

couple of the dogs the day

IMG00126-20101201-1510-1.jpg

IMG00127-20101201-1514.jpg

IMG00127-20101201-1514.jpg

IMG00133-20101201-1516.jpg

IMG00126-20101201-1510.jpg

IMG00125-20101201-1510.jpg

IMG00124-20101201-1509.jpg

CopyofIMG00120-20101201-1507.jpg

Well two weeks into the freeze and its chaos on the roads, airports and raillinks. The Gritters and Snow Ploughs are nowhere to be seen and its an event just to get out the estate on to the main road which isn't any different :wallbash:. Getting to work is a f*****g nightmare and having to come back is even worse :wallbash: . Its the same every year councils unprepared. How the f**k do scandinavian countrys and places where snow is common manage. These countrys all seem to have the infrastructure to deal with blizzards 10 times worse than anything we get. There's no point in staying at home cause I cant do anything but sit in front of the TV. Roll on the f*****g summer where its only the rain we need to contend with. Rant over! :cry:

dont know were you live mate ,but i work for the council [darlington county durham] and we have been out gritting 24/7 two teams doing 12 hrs on 12 hrs off ,having said that the roads are still quite bad but the wages are good thumbs.gif

on "the wright stuff " this morning it said that this cold snap costs the governement ££££££ billions evryday in lost money , people of work , industry stopping ect...................which begs the question if it costs this much evryday....why not just spend one days amoount of that money on snowplows , griters, grit, and staff , there could be one on evry street corner.

It's bad where I am over in Leeds, since all this started last week I've only seen two gritters and one snow plough :blink: and I've been out and about plenty.

That said, if the local council spent feck knows how much getting ready for next winter and it's a mild one, they'll just get loads of shit for wasteing money...

Still, it must give the rest of Europe a giggle watching the UK grind to a halt whenever we get some snow.

:notworthy: Well!! There are some that like it and some that hate it..................

Great Time of the year but YES!! for the fcukin :big_boss: BOSS all this SH#T about not getting payed for not comimg in due to the snow you will have to take you leave......

Well i'm going out in it tomorrow and see what happens. sorry the work van is a vw caddy jok! :hmm:

Last 4 Year i have had a ford ranger great for this weather...

post-42711-0-92128800-1291239286_thumb.jpg

post-42711-0-60328200-1291239317_thumb.jpg