• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunt be so negative ? 

heres a border whippet bitch I bred accidently 3 yrs ago  

Here is a first cross whippet x jack russel. He is just a pet but would make a cracking rabbiting dog . He stands 19-20".    

Posted Images

Surprised crosses like this are not more popular tbh. Remember a fox terrier crossed whippet as kids that would work gorse banks and bramble railway embankments all day after rabbits. I might be tempted with this cross in the future if i couldn't get a spaniel x whippet.

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Surprised crosses like this are not more popular tbh. Remember a fox terrier crossed whippet as kids that would work gorse banks and bramble railway embankments all day after rabbits. I might be tempted with this cross in the future if i couldn't get a spaniel x whippet.

very popular around here when we were kids, foxterrier x whippet and also bull x whippet, not the pit but the old type of Staffordshire which you don't see much anymore. have always fancied a terrier x whippet but this young whippet has opened my eyes in the work it is doing ?

Edited by fred90
  • Like 1
On 03/02/2023 at 11:30, Daniel cain said:

post is 13 yrs old...dogs are probably in the ground ?

yeh, old post, but i did see  a bit of that  vid, think it was youtube  with the pat x whippets , they were black about 20in  racey but  weak things, i liked them alot. was few years back ,  so not many about now i think, but deff nice little x for rabbits , rats, and prob up for a Charlie , the none ped male whippets down the track , were game little dogs deff.

Just now, bird said:

yeh, old post, but i did see  a bit of that  vid, think it was youtube  with the pat x whippets , they were black about 20in  racey but  weak things, i liked them alot. was few years back ,  so not many about now i think, but deff nice little x for rabbits , rats, and prob up for a Charlie , the none ped male whippets down the track , were game little dogs deff.

thats ( not) weak things . !

24 minutes ago, fred90 said:

very popular around here when we were kids, foxterrier x whippet and also bull x whippet, not the pit but the old type of Staffordshire which you don't see much anymore. have always fancied a terrier x whippet but this young whippet has opened my eyes in the work it is doing ?

I remember fox terriers being popular when I was a nipper in the 60s though they were only pets also the Airdale two breeds that I never see around me these days. 

14 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I remember fox terriers being popular when I was a nipper in the 60s though they were only pets also the Airdale two breeds that I never see around me these days. 

First dog I had as a lad in 70’s was a fox terrier lovely dog and far to loyal to me as a young kid… so me man got rid:(

22 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Best rabbitter I've seen was fox terrier x whippet. It just seemed to have the knack. It was always in the right place at the right time.

It would only run when it knew it had a chance of a kill. It didn't knacker itself on lost causes.

15 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Best rabbitter I've seen was fox terrier x whippet. It just seemed to have the knack. It was always in the right place at the right time.

It would only run when it knew it had a chance of a kill. It didn't knacker itself on lost causes.

The one I remember was a tough old dog and would smash through the thickest of cover 

• Like 1