Going Pro,..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys,..i know what your saying Gnasher, and the good thing with going Pro, is no one cares about who you are until you have a good record!..lol.

Casso, im walking around at 164lbs and 10.2% body-fat...im deadlifting 355lbs, and bench 235lbs...we dont do HEAVY squats, that not how we train our legs, but on monday, i squated 220lbs for 8x10,...so i would say im stronger than most at my size.

One of my last Amatuer fights, i fought a guy from New York...they called him the 'Mountain-Man'...he was a wrestler, with good BJJ...im 5-7" and weighed in at 154lbs...he was 6-3" and weighed in at 210lbs...i was terrified!...i must of had some luck with me that day though, coz at 27 seconds of the first round, i ko'ed him.

Of course weight plays a part,..but i cut weight VERY well, and can recover from doing it MUCH better than most...i take this shit very serious,...diet, life-style, EVERYTHING!...

If i can make it as a Pro, GREAT!...if not, then so be it...i just want to give it my all, and if i fail, then thats good enough...i dont want to be the old man, sat in a Bar, watching the UFC, telling people what the fighters SHOULD be doing!..lol.

I will have guys filming it, and as i have said, win, loose or draw, you guys will get to see it!...

Thanks guys,..i know what your saying Gnasher, and the good thing with going Pro, is no one cares about who you are until you have a good record!..lol.

Casso, im walking around at 164lbs and 10.2% body-fat...im deadlifting 355lbs, and bench 235lbs...we dont do HEAVY squats, that not how we train our legs, but on monday, i squated 220lbs for 8x10,...so i would say im stronger than most at my size.

One of my last Amatuer fights, i fought a guy from New York...they called him the 'Mountain-Man'...he was a wrestler, with good BJJ...im 5-7" and weighed in at 154lbs...he was 6-3" and weighed in at 210lbs...i was terrified!...i must of had some luck with me that day though, coz at 27 seconds of the first round, i ko'ed him.

Of course weight plays a part,..but i cut weight VERY well, and can recover from doing it MUCH better than most...i take this shit very serious,...diet, life-style, EVERYTHING!...

If i can make it as a Pro, GREAT!...if not, then so be it...i just want to give it my all, and if i fail, then thats good enough...i dont want to be the old man, sat in a Bar, watching the UFC, telling people what the fighters SHOULD be doing!..lol.

I will have guys filming it, and as i have said, win, loose or draw, you guys will get to see it!...

Fair play , sound's like your head's in the right place which is half the battle, whats your background in ?, heavy hands like that will give ya great conifidence going into a fight like this ,,plenty of really good stand up lads at the top level in mma, look what Liddell achieved,, best of luck , kye,

Fair play , sound's like your head's in the right place which is half the battle, whats your background in ?, heavy hands like that will give ya great conifidence going into a fight like this ,,plenty of really good stand up lads at the top level in mma, look what Liddell achieved,, best of luck , kye,

To be honest it always amazed me how Liddell was as succesful as he was for such a technically poor striker/puncher.....i believe the level of striking/boxing is very low within the sport of mma.....Liddell relied on opponents walking onto stuff and getting caught with counters,as soon as folk stopped chasing him and forced him to come forward he was only half as dangerous.

Anyway not to detract from the topic and best of luck to the lad Kye.