angora ferrets ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who see Angoras as a money making operation, be aware that Angora jills do not produce sufficient milk to rear their kits successfully, so the kits have to be fostered to a nursing ferret ji

It is well known that the full angora strain can not suckle their young. To raise angora kits from an angoraXangora mating you must take the kits and put them on a normal lactating ferret jill [of cou

The twats peddling these ferrets want stringing up with their toe nails :wallbash:

its the same as dogs people breed some breeds of dogs just for there looks and show this ends up flicking the breed same as these people to many people breeding ferrets 4 looks and show these angora ferrets should be all culled for health of the ferrets to come in the future :thumbdown:

For those who see Angoras as a money making operation, be aware that Angora jills do not produce sufficient milk to rear their kits successfully, so the kits have to be fostered to a nursing ferret jill. Plus, even breeding two full Angoras together will only produce one or two Angora kits in a litter. The rest of the kits will look like regular ferrts, but may have many or most of the detrimental Angoras genetics. I don't know of any knowledgeable, ethical ferret breeders who would even consider breeding ferrets with such poor genetics nor any ferret organization which approves of breeding them.

• Like 1

So Angora ferrets are nota seperate breed of ferret, they are just ones with a lot more fur and you dont always pass that gene on to the kitts? I always thought they was a seperate breed like a black foot ferret.

ATB Mike

For those who see Angoras as a money making operation, be aware that Angora jills do not produce sufficient milk to rear their kits successfully, so the kits have to be fostered to a nursing ferret jill. Plus, even breeding two full Angoras together will only produce one or two Angora kits in a litter. The rest of the kits will look like regular ferrts, but may have many or most of the detrimental Angoras genetics. I don't know of any knowledgeable, ethical ferret breeders who would even consider breeding ferrets with such poor genetics nor any ferret organization which approves of breeding them.

i think you will find we were joking.

oh great , another one :wallbash:

Chance of a nice wee rossy and cash earner , and if you have enough you can get a angora jumper for your christmas what more can you ask ,and thats before you talk about working them :sick: