Timmid Dogs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone ever had a timmid lurcher thats been anygood cos mine proper fuk's me off i mess abrt with it and it shits itself proper scared and i never hit it or harm it any info ??

yeah i had one drives you crazy but kept my cool with it and it come a good dog

has anyone ever had a timmid lurcher thats been anygood cos mine proper fuk's me off i mess abrt with it and it shits itself proper scared and i never hit it or harm it any info ??

you will never do any good when they are like that, put a bullet in it, and start again with a new pup, one thats got confidence :thumbs:

Guest fence_hopper

you will never do any good when they are like that, put a bullet in it, and start again with a new pup, one thats got confidence :thumbs:

its the way i think that mate, but some are softer than others :thumbs:

Few years ago i had a bull gry x whip gry , what a looker, he won show after show , but when i started to work him he was a bag of nerves , when out lamping if i closed a gate behind him he would squel out and cower !!! I cant work with a dog thats not bold - due to the land i hunt - if you know what i mean - so he had to go !!!!

The pup could turn out to be a good worker, but its a trait i completely avoid in a pup, they seems to take offence over the smallest matter, had a couple in the past just never took to them the same as a forward pup, i would rather have to hold a pup back , than to try to coax him on all the time,,

Best advise on here, only a real dog person can guide a dog toward greatness, anyone who believes a dog is no good because they need to earn their trust is a mere amatuer. Patience is the key............

Best advise on here, only a real dog person can guide a dog toward greatness, anyone who believes a dog is no good because they need to earn their trust is a mere amatuer. Patience is the key............

Could have guessed that was a women's reply.

In my experience timid/quiet dogs can be fine. shit scared dogs are no use in the field.

a mate of mine has a bullx dog that is a nervous rack around people but when he's out working he is a brillant dog and has killed plenty of foxes only thing i can fault him on was when my dog was layed up i used him out beating cover while my mate was working the hounds when i got a slip with him he went straight back to my mate instead of me and i had to chase the f****r across 3 feilds to where my mate was

got a little pup 3months ago and she was very timid, soon as anybody went near her she would it lie down and roll over. we had her kenneled up but decided just to let her run about the garden all day. she was just wandering about doing her own thing and anytime anybody was in the garden she got a fair bit of attention. it brought her on and got her confidence up. took her out a few times with the older dogs and shes doing good now and comes in to me no bother. sometimes i can still see the the timidness in her but hopefully that will go away in time. i think training and praising and giving the dog a lot of attention helps. builds trust between you and the dog. some ive seen are just too timid you cant even train them. need a lot of patience for they dogs. its even worse if uve forked out a lot of money on one

atb poacher

Edited by poacherman