foxing springers

8 hours ago, dodger said:

Does she have old badger court in her penda 

I'm not sure I had her mom off a mate of mine a good few years back now new had paper work she was used to kick hares up and deer I bred her to my mates springer dog but unfortunately the bitch had blood poisoning when the pups were days old all pups bar this bitch died and the bitch even with trips to the vet it broke my heart at the time as as the mom was a good all round worker could use her on the gun retrieve with lurchers have a knock on anything any i was with 1 pup that was about 2 weeks out and I could see this pup was strong didn't want to die I'm not a fan of hand rearing pups but this pup wanted to feed on its own would lap milk never saw anything like it I had her in a cardboard box next to my bed and when she would grunt around for food I used to have to get up make her a drink poo and wee her and then she would go back to sleep she's still here now and she's as strong headed as she was then. I take her beating the odd time on my mates shoot he goes mad cause she loves knocking the munty fallow and roe up and fox she's nearly had a few on the run when they've panicked loves working with the lurchers and other dogs like I said no field trial stuff I don't use a whistle just let the dog work and she does 

• Like 13

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure I had her mom off a mate of mine a good few years back now new had paper work she was used to kick hares up and deer I bred her to my mates springer dog but unfortunately the bitch had bl

That was when she was about 10 month or more I bred her myself her mom was off her nut the mom was good worker this bitch isn't a world beater but she works knocks stuff up that's enough for me 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Penda said:

I'm not sure I had her mom off a mate of mine a good few years back now new had paper work she was used to kick hares up and deer I bred her to my mates springer dog but unfortunately the bitch had blood poisoning when the pups were days old all pups bar this bitch died and the bitch even with trips to the vet it broke my heart at the time as as the mom was a good all round worker could use her on the gun retrieve with lurchers have a knock on anything any i was with 1 pup that was about 2 weeks out and I could see this pup was strong didn't want to die I'm not a fan of hand rearing pups but this pup wanted to feed on its own would lap milk never saw anything like it I had her in a cardboard box next to my bed and when she would grunt around for food I used to have to get up make her a drink poo and wee her and then she would go back to sleep she's still here now and she's as strong headed as she was then. I take her beating the odd time on my mates shoot he goes mad cause she loves knocking the munty fallow and roe up and fox she's nearly had a few on the run when they've panicked loves working with the lurchers and other dogs like I said no field trial stuff I don't use a whistle just let the dog work and she does 

Proper dossers dog that

19 hours ago, Penda said:

Good on you mate, it looks like she was worth the sleepless nights 👍.

@dodgeri grew up with badger court dogs, and around the man himself. Good dogs. My mate has a half patt half springer bred out of a badger court dog. Loves a fox. I’ve got Badgercourt blood in one of my bushers to 🤙 

• Like 2

None of my springers in the past were never that bothered about fox scent when their was other scent about like game birds rabbits and hares but the first time i took one bushing muntjac it went mad on them flushing a few on the day in question. Mine were bred down from the gwibnerant strain.