lamping hares

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them

I dont Think Many of You who were NOT devouted pre ban hare coursers are ever going to understand, why we were so passionate about it, what we once had can never be gotten back, unless we get FULL

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really jus

Down to the inividual. Purists will call you all sorts for even mentioning it but its still more sporting than shooting them. A bloke with an average lamping/rabbit dog isnt going to find hares 'piss easy' at night and almost impossible daytime on big land so i say enjoy your sport, just respect your quarry and dont hammer it on the lamp if your dog is a good hare dog. jmo

yep, a hare in the day is 100 times harder, than in the night.But some hares in the night which have had a light on them before,can on (big) fields can really push your average lamping dog. And if you are just after rabbits that night, 2-3 runs on hares ,will only give you smaller rabbit bag :hmm:

dont mind lamping a few hares feck all wrong with it the die hard day timers will say no but thats what there into but i dont mind lamping them yes they do run better in the day but so dose every thing else.

never lamped a hare and never will , there for daytime coursing september to march

way do sum lads make out that hares are a pice of piss on the lamp we all no that ther easy but where i am you can still get a good run on one you get a lot of stik for lamping hares but i dont think thers out wrong with it

i was once totally against it but there is places where lamping is the only method to catch the long ears. like small grass fields up the dales or moors where you would find it hard to get a decent run in daytime, but i find it hard to believe guys lamping large arable fields to run them .

i cant see the point myself and it upsets me when guys run hares in snow, it would be ok if it was one for the pot but they are taking dozens and just leave them on the field.

this is only a minority but i hope the next generation coming along learns the correct methods

i run them day or night it still a good bit of lamping where i am it get hamerd so we are looky to see more than 10 rabbits sum night so if a hare jumps up it gets slipt on

In that case soon you will be lucky if you see any hares either . . .

seen hares on the lamp so easy they havnt got a clue where their running also seen them make fun of good dogs and run away from them. i used to lamp them but not for a long long time much prefer to leave them for the day but although i dont like or want to lamp them ime not going to be hypocritical to tell someone else not to the goverment does enough of that shit . each to their own i say and enjoy what you do . just remember to treat whatever your hunting with respect and dont kill it just because its in front of you and easy meat . ime not talking obviously about pest control thats differant alltogether. good hunting next season everyone .

lamping hare,s at night ??????????? NO

they are one off the cream,,,,,,and putting 1 0r 2 million power lamp on them,,,,just to watch them squat,,,or run into beam ,,,,or run round and round the feild ,,,is no sport

they are dawn OR dust ,,animals,,,,,,and should be hunted then,,,,,,not when they cant see or half asleep,,,,,,,my old springer could catch them on lamp,,,,,,never mind a lurcher or running dog

( P,S DONT CARE IF I GET FLACK FOR THIS COMMENT,,,,,I SPEAK MY MIND ,,,END OFF )

i dont know what hares you have been lamping,i would say your heads painted on!i wouldnt say a lurcher is a cert to catch all hare in the lamp and they know exactly where there runs are so if there faster and can get a few good turns in there away,atleast when there through dyke or over the brow of a field there out of the light and away this is not the case in the day and where we live you hardly catch any through the day because the fields are tiny and up and down,so you bring your old springer for a wee go :icon_eek:

seen hares on the lamp so easy they havnt got a clue where their running also seen them make fun of good dogs and run away from them. i used to lamp them but not for a long long time much prefer to leave them for the day but although i dont like or want to lamp them ime not going to be hypocritical to tell someone else not to the goverment does enough of that shit . each to their own i say and enjoy what you do . just remember to treat whatever your hunting with respect and dont kill it just because its in front of you and easy meat . ime not talking obviously about pest control thats differant alltogether. good hunting next season everyone .

As you say each to their own.

ps I have a couple of pics of us judging the show last year ,if you send me your email address I will send them. :thumbs:

There few good answer but some people think a hare is so easy on the lamp l dont think so have seen hares run dogs till a stand still on the lamp and some people say they dont know where there going off course they do every animal that feeds at night knows where it is and where is the quickes escape route till get away . surely if a rabbit knows where its home is when it starts heading for it on a lamp a hare knows where it escape route is?????