lamping hares

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really just out till see the runs.

Since then the crowd l hunted with have gone in diff ways.1 hunts foxs the other still hunts hares and l myself have got into lamping and ferreting with a few other ppl.

The last time we where out lamping we caught 2 hares l hunting hares myself and know they are 10 times better during the day and a lot easier till catch on the lamp but l dont really go for hares during the day but will do more next year l myself dont think there is anything wrong with lamping hares but would just like till hear other peoples opinions???? :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them

I dont Think Many of You who were NOT devouted pre ban hare coursers are ever going to understand, why we were so passionate about it, what we once had can never be gotten back, unless we get FULL

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really jus

Down to the inividual. Purists will call you all sorts for even mentioning it but its still more sporting than shooting them. A bloke with an average lamping/rabbit dog isnt going to find hares 'piss easy' at night and almost impossible daytime on big land so i say enjoy your sport, just respect your quarry and dont hammer it on the lamp if your dog is a good hare dog. jmo

i think the majority of lamping men only lamp with half cross dogs etc... i've lamped many hares in areas where they have been lamped before and they certainly know what they are doin... i have often turned the light off and tried to get the dog back if i find that the hare is uneducated and the dog is goin to make a fool of it... i've had hares bang into me on occassion.... but like i say when they are educated they can make a good lampin dog look a fool!!

• Like 1

lamping hare,s at night ??????????? NO

they are one off the cream,,,,,,and putting 1 0r 2 million power lamp on them,,,,just to watch them squat,,,or run into beam ,,,,or run round and round the feild ,,,is no sport

they are dawn OR dust ,,animals,,,,,,and should be hunted then,,,,,,not when they cant see or half asleep,,,,,,,my old springer could catch them on lamp,,,,,,never mind a lurcher or running dog

( P,S DONT CARE IF I GET FLACK FOR THIS COMMENT,,,,,I SPEAK MY MIND ,,,END OFF )

whippxgrey you must have never run hares on the lamp some can fecking move let me tell you come down here and run some of the hares on the lamp on big open fields then try telling us a springer would catch them load of bollox

only if i wanted one for the pot, in my opinion they deserve a decent chance to get away and they don t get that at night , they tend to panic more than a bunny and often run straight down the beam at you . used to do it a lot years ago but would now rather save the dogs energy for a few more rabbits.