A sad day and some bad news

zini

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chris buddy :icon_redface: ,

You and Joey are real friends for life :thumbs: .

Ill still keep in contact with you on here pal from time to time when i pop in to see how things are getting on.

The inspiration goes both ways pal as you have also inspired me to do greater things and take my shooting to the next level.

I wont go rusty with a rifle pal as will just go back to my deer and wild boar hunting again.

I hold a German Jag Schein (hunting licence) so it will just mean that ill have to buy a 308 (7.62 calibre) instead of my old trusty R10.

Si

hi ya si

well buddy i dont know what to say i know work comes first as the job you do matey me and my son are deverstated matey your have been a good friend and i was looking forward to coming to shoot with you one time but hey you aint going for good buddy and as you know and like the rest of us all have said you know where we are if you need anything and thank you for all the advice you have given to me and my son has he as become alot better shooter since watching your youtube dvd's matey sometimes it's better coming from someone else than just dad for them to listen or see and you have done that for everyone on here even if we all dont admitt it matey its going to be sad to see you go but look forward to your come back si and i will send you a pm to so try to keep in touch as i know you have alot of friends here so it will take you long enough just to pm people and gary as well he must be gutted even tho he has the land to shoot on it aint going to be the same with out you matey so so sorry to see you leaving matey but we know you will be back soon si and thank you again for everything you have done not just for me and my son but for everyone on here too

kindest regards

shay and brenden

Thanks Chris buddy :icon_redface: ,

You and Joey are real friends for life :thumbs: .

Ill still keep in contact with you on here pal from time to time when i pop in to see how things are getting on.

The inspiration goes both ways pal as you have also inspired me to do greater things and take my shooting to the next level.

I wont go rusty with a rifle pal as will just go back to my deer and wild boar hunting again.

I hold a German Jag Schein (hunting licence) so it will just mean that ill have to buy a 308 (7.62 calibre) instead of my old trusty R10.

Si

Well that's done it Si.

You are just going to have to find out how to attach a videocam to your fullbore and post some pictures of boar hunting!

Sib

Hiya Si.

Only Deer and Boar hunting.....poor you.....and all that German beer and Bratwurst :D :D ;)

Being a new member To THL I cant say we got to know each other very well.

But I can say I have enjoyed your post's and your DVD.

Wish you and your family well on your post to Germany mate.

"Gutes Gluck in Deutschland mein freund, mach's gut." :good:

ATB.

Bill.

Sorry to hear you're going, Zini but all the best and good luck.

You've been one of the good guys on here, always helpful and impartial, great vids and write-ups too.

This place really can't afford to lose many more of the regulars, it really can't!!

Cheers.

Andy.

Only met with you a few times mate, but I'm with others who say you'll be missed as a regular poster.

Not only do I look forward to what you've been up to but I also enjoy the time and effort you have put into this site so others can understand the fundamentals of shooting and improve their game!

Good luck in your new ventures, till we (hopefully) meet again mate!

Darryl

Edited by Marksman

hi zini

"A sad day and some bad news"im not so sure! as you said you will still be in touch,but not with air rifles.im sure we will be checking out some of your input in the big cal section :thumbs:

but will miss your air rifle vids & marksmanship with .22 :thumbs:

as i have said time before you have brought a breath! of fresh air to this section,now to me this only means the air is going in a different direction but will return :thumbs:

and 3yrs will go by quickly any ways.plus you will be home 3 times a year,so that gives us something to look forward too,when you post up!

i wish you & your family a safe journey and a carefree 3 years.and hurry up and get back on here!

as "someone mentioned i could carry the baton while your away" so if you want to come back to a safe uk hurry up!! :laugh:

take care buddy and enjoy the experiance! :thumbs:

regards

davy

Thank you all for these very kind words.

Ill still be on here but just wont be able to post my air rifle stuff due to German laws.

There are a lot of quality people on this section and you all are a credit to our sport.

Don’t worry I will find a way of scope camming my 308 when hunting bigger game, and still sneak it on here for you to see until it gets moved by Sean (sorry Sean) LOL.

My advice to the new shooters on here is listen to the regulars, they know what they are talking about and will help you all they can.

Be impartial, truthful and polite and remember that not everyone can afford a Daystate Air Wolf so even the guy with the Chinese rifle for £35 is welcome here and shares the same status.

We are not arm chair or internet hunters as Tim Finley said in last months Air Gun World, we are people with years of shooting experience and love to pass it on.

Remember you don’t have to shoot FT at a club to be a good hunter or shot.

Reading shooting magazines like I do from time to time don’t make you a better hunter or shot, it just assist you in some things and gives you a greater knowledge, which is only half the equation.

Practicing you’re shooting in all different circumstances and at all ranges is also required to be fair to the quarry that you are shooting.

Thanks again everyone for your friendship

Si