Bloody fireworks

Fireworks :realmad:

We've an older collie here, working sheepdog. Before he came to us, aged about one year, he had at least two abusive homes :censored:

When he came here first, I remember trying to pet him. I was sat down in a chair and he backed as fast as he could and hit the wall opposite when he saw my hand reach for him :icon_eek:

He came along great though, working in the fields and out on the hill etc. Generally well rounded, fit, happy dog now. He's got some eccentricities but with that history I take them as granted.

Saturday evening the fireworks were particularly bad. It's not the BANGS that scare him it's the WHEEEEEEeeeeeeee......

I was babysitting him most of the evening, until it started to piss down rain about midnight I think :clapper: That put a stop to the show.

About 12.45 it dried and, yep, :censored: Dusty scrambles over the childgate and upstairs. I know if I bring him downstairs again he'll either spend a lot of the night scraping the door or possibly hurt himself jumping again.

So, I make a bed up for him in the bedroom. Buggered if I'm gonna spend the night downstairs.

I leave the TV on for a couple of hours and he's settled down nicely.

4.30am.

RRR!!! RRR!!! RRR!!!

f*****g face full of teeth and blood all over my face. He had taken to the bed beside me during the night cheeky git, I must've rolled over and hurt him or frightened him.

Several puncture wounds to the face, a few dabs of dettol and a course of antibiotics later.... Was lucky he didn't decide to hang on and beautify me further :D

Next year there'll be a cage and a blanket waiting for him :yes: And hopefully, just hopefully, some dozy quality controllers and no shortage of short fuses...

gotta be honest buddy, i wouldnt care if my dog had a banger stuck up her arse, the second she bit my face she wouldve only heared one more bang in her life... :hunter::bye:

:clapper: spot on mate

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is he a moron? he does have a valid point . . . . . same date every year!!!!!! preparation???

Can you afford to pay for 5 or 6 weeks worth of sedatives to keep the dog/dogs calm for the run up to and after the 5th???? I know i cant!

The 5th is fine, 1 night no real problem there but the weeks and weeks of kids setting them off is bloody irritating for me and the dog. :angry:

So yep he is a moron just like the ones setting off lots of fireworks. :wallbash:

Fireworks :realmad:

We've an older collie here, working sheepdog. Before he came to us, aged about one year, he had at least two abusive homes :censored:

When he came here first, I remember trying to pet him. I was sat down in a chair and he backed as fast as he could and hit the wall opposite when he saw my hand reach for him :icon_eek:

He came along great though, working in the fields and out on the hill etc. Generally well rounded, fit, happy dog now. He's got some eccentricities but with that history I take them as granted.

Saturday evening the fireworks were particularly bad. It's not the BANGS that scare him it's the WHEEEEEEeeeeeeee......

I was babysitting him most of the evening, until it started to piss down rain about midnight I think :clapper: That put a stop to the show.

About 12.45 it dried and, yep, :censored: Dusty scrambles over the childgate and upstairs. I know if I bring him downstairs again he'll either spend a lot of the night scraping the door or possibly hurt himself jumping again.

So, I make a bed up for him in the bedroom. Buggered if I'm gonna spend the night downstairs.

I leave the TV on for a couple of hours and he's settled down nicely.

4.30am.

RRR!!! RRR!!! RRR!!!

f*****g face full of teeth and blood all over my face. He had taken to the bed beside me during the night cheeky git, I must've rolled over and hurt him or frightened him.

Several puncture wounds to the face, a few dabs of dettol and a course of antibiotics later.... Was lucky he didn't decide to hang on and beautify me further :D

Next year there'll be a cage and a blanket waiting for him :yes: And hopefully, just hopefully, some dozy quality controllers and no shortage of short fuses...

gotta be honest buddy, i wouldnt care if my dog had a banger stuck up her arse, the second she bit my face she wouldve only heared one more bang in her life... :hunter::bye:

:clapper: spot on mate

:rolleyes: x 2 times.

Yeah lets stop fireworks, and whilst we are at it lets f**k Bonfire night off as well, in fact lets just forget about the little bit of History we have left in this country.

Some dogs shit themselves when they hear fireworks, so what! It's a couple of b*****d nights of loud bangs is all.

The reason my dog is scared of fireworks is because before he was re-homed to me local scrotes thought it would be funny to throw fireworks at him .

So yeah lets stop fireworks getting into the wrong hands , whats wrong with going to a organized show ????

No one is more proud than me of this country's traditions but I'm sick of the first 3 weeks of November sounding like world war 3 !!!!

If that is your attitude towards dogs i feel sorry for your animals !

Edited by catchwrestler

I think they should be banned from the pubilc buying them only proper displays can buy , and i think they should only hold the displays on the 5th not all over the f*****g shop like they are now , youe wouldnt change christamas to suit who ever so why have bonfire night on different nights .

I think fireworks should not be on sale to the general public. Quite apart from the scarey factor to animals, and the very young and very old, they are dangerous. Every year you hear tales of some twat who's blown their hand off, fireworks are stuffed through letterboxes, thrown at people, etc etc...

Sure, celebrate Nov 5th, but not for weeks on end as soon as the evenings get a bit dark.

Why do fireworks have to be so loud? Aren't there laws about noise control? Sounds like world war 3 going off for most of November these days...

A few years ago someone was idiotic enough to let off a load of fireworks near the local zoo for f***s sake. One of the Suffolk Punch horses (which, lets face it, are not famous for their flightiness) injured itself so badly trying to escape that it had to be put down... :(

My dogs dont give a shit about them, last year when they were pups we took them to southport firework display!! They watched everyone of them out of the camper window, they were like kids! Last night we walked them out on to the moor just above our towns display. We had the best view in the town and the dogs just watched them.... Start them from a young age and they will be holding sparklers by the age of two....

Seriously, they have now been to 3 displays. They are also to shotguns, loud bangs and all the rest....

Mine don't seem to bothered about them TBH. I think bonfire night has been ruined enough as it is, what with the health and safety of today. When I was younger there used to be a bonfire on every estate, the air used to be thick with smoke every November the 5th. We used to start collecting for the bonfire in September, and by bonfire night we'd have a fecking great big pile! :laugh: There was often big pots of soup, hot dogs and baked spuds cooked in the fire by the adults for everybody on the night, and the dads would all be lining up to set the fireworks off as it got dark.

Then there was penny for the guy, where a group of us would go round with a guy in a wheelbarrow knocking on doors and buying sweets from the local shop for ourselves.

I miss it TBH, it was the one time of the year where you got out with the neighbours and enjoyed a sense of community.

lol im loving the insults :)

its every year for fucks sake ,if your pussy dogs dont like fireworks bring em in and turn the tv up , listen to yourselves ,i bet you lot are a bundle of laughs.

all that training you give your dogs maybe try making them not so gun shy either , ive never had a problem with any of my previus dogs and fireworks.

i just come in from taking the kids to a firework do ........ f*****g sue me

bring on the lynch mob

The reason my dog is scared of fireworks is because before he was re-homed to me local scrotes thought it would be funny to throw fireworks at him .

So yeah lets stop fireworks getting into the wrong hands , whats wrong with going to a organized show ????

No one is more proud than me of this country's traditions but I'm sick of the first 3 weeks of November sounding like world war 3 !!!!

If that is your attitude towards dogs i feel sorry for your animals !

Are you for real! You're going on like the dog is going to die from being scared of a few bangs. If you're that concerned about the dog buy it some calmers, keep it in the house, and stop f*****g moaning like an old lady.

You're asking for people stop celebrating their history and having their own bonfires and fireworks, and all because it makes your dog scared.

Get a grip mate.