Bloody fireworks

Mine don't seem to bothered about them TBH. I think bonfire night has been ruined enough as it is, what with the health and safety of today. When I was younger there used to be a bonfire on every estate, the air used to be thick with smoke every November the 5th. We used to start collecting for the bonfire in September, and by bonfire night we'd have a fecking great big pile! :laugh: There was often big pots of soup, hot dogs and baked spuds cooked in the fire by the adults for everybody on the night, and the dads would all be lining up to set the fireworks off as it got dark.

Then there was penny for the guy, where a group of us would go round with a guy in a wheelbarrow knocking on doors and buying sweets from the local shop for ourselves.

I miss it TBH, it was the one time of the year where you got out with the neighbours and enjoyed a sense of community.

Exactly!!!!

And some characters are moaning on here because their dog shakes when it hears a few bangs :headshot:: . Madness.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic