R.I.P CASSIE

My 18 month old Saluki, x bitch 'Cassie' died today, she was hit by a car (no fault of the driver) and killed instantly whilst out doing what she loved most. She died in pursuit of her favourite quarry, as usual she was putting in 100%. I am so gutted, as is my mate who was there at the time and the wife and kids. She will be missed as part of our family, but I will never forget the times we had out together in the field, we have been to hell and back together, learned so much together, she has also provided me with so much pleasure and pride.

I've now laid her to rest in the garden, my only consolations are that she did not suffer, and died doing what she was bred to do. Tonight Im going to drink and think, tomorow I'm going to start again with my other dogs, cos thats what we do :(

Gutted,

Richard

post-24828-1254075281.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 18 month old Saluki, x bitch 'Cassie' died today, she was hit by a car (no fault of the driver) and killed instantly whilst out doing what she loved most. She died in pursuit of her favourite quarry, as usual she was putting in 100%. I am so gutted, as is my mate who was there at the time and the wife and kids. She will be missed as part of our family, but I will never forget the times we had out together in the field, we have been to hell and back together, learned so much together, she has also provided me with so much pleasure and pride.

I've now laid her to rest in the garden, my only consolations are that she did not suffer, and died doing what she was bred to do. Tonight Im going to drink and think, tomorow I'm going to start again with my other dogs, cos thats what we do :(

Gutted,

Richard

RIP Cassie. Thoughts are with you Richard. As you said, you can take small comfort in the fact that she died doing the thing she loved.

Gutted,

Richard

sorry to hear that mate she was a classy looking bitch