ive found glass in some morrisons prawns

last night i was tucking into some cooked and peeled prawns from morrisons

and i felt a scratch at the top of my mouth

which i thought must of been a bit of shell

when i spat it out it was a bit of glass or plastic the size of my baby fingure nail

it did scratch my top of the mouth and it did bleed slightly

so i phoned up custermer service and theyve told me to go in and get a refund

would you go in to the store and accept the refund ? / ?

or shall i hold onto it

and take it to citezens advice

what would you do ???

atb

Put in a formal complaint to the manager and tell him you want it investigating and you want suitable compensation. After all you had just fed those prawns to your 4 year old kid :whistling: and all of a sudden the kid started crying and you noticed blood in its mouth. Kick off but in a civilised way tell them if your not compensated you will be going to the papers. Play your cards right and you could be in for some £££!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont accept there first offer and tell them you will seek legal advice. But hold onto the evidence until you have the money!

Tell them you are going to the papers!

Whatever you do, do NOT give the product back to the store (they have a habit of 'loosing' stuff), take pictures, give the shop the batch number and any other relevant info off the label so that they can investigate the problem, but do not let them take it away; it's evidence.

Although the food manufacturers have a 'glass free' policy, sometimes accidents happen, and disgruntled employees do silly things to products.

You should get a good few quid out of it, never mind a refund.

I am not really a big one for the compensation band waggon, it's one of the things thats rotting our country from the inside.

I'd probably ask for a tenner gift voucher as well as cost of prawns to compensate for hastle of going back up there.

I am not really a big one for the compensation band waggon, i'd probably ask for a tenner gift voucher as well as cost of prawns to compensate for hastle of going back up there.

You see im the total opposite and would milk it for everything I could get! These massive companies can afford it. Even in times of recession like this they still get richer as the poor get poorer.

last night i was tucking into some cooked and peeled prawns from morrisons

and i felt a scratch at the top of my mouth

which i thought must of been a bit of shell

when i spat it out it was a bit of glass or plastic the size of my baby fingure nail

it did scratch my top of the mouth and it did bleed slightly

so i phoned up custermer service and theyve told me to go in and get a refund

would you go in to the store and accept the refund ? / ?

or shall i hold onto it

and take it to citezens advice

what would you do ???

atb

Trading Standards office

Ric

Happened to me with a curry from tesco's. Have to say it could have been just grit of some kind, but I werent taking the chance.

Phoned them up there and then, they asked for my adress, came round within 10 minutes and gave me a voucher to cover the inconvenience and to replace the tub I gave them with the curry in. So I went up the kebab shop.

I am not really a big one for the compensation band waggon, it's one of the things thats rotting our country from the inside.

I'd probably ask for a tenner gift voucher as well as cost of prawns to compensate for hastle of going back up there.

hats off to you shepp :notworthy: thank god were not all blaggers or this country would be even more fecked up than it already is :victory:

Well said that man

good for you

The compensation culture is killing our country off for sure

:clapper:

So what would the £10 be for if not for compensation Shepp? :hmm: Surely an apology & new prawns would suffice? :hmm::laugh:

well i took the bit of glass in to the store .

and asked to see the manager .. he was very freindly and asked if i would like a refund

which i replied no

so he took the bit of glass off me and i got he to sign the picture of the glass

well lets see what happens now

they said it will be about 4 weeks before i hear anything

atb

:clapper:

So what would the £10 be for if not for compensation Shepp? :hmm: Surely an apology & new prawns would suffice? :hmm::laugh:

Just to cover my time and petrol, to me it's a fair deal for both parties, due to it being an accident with no intention to cause injury to anybody.