Ton up

Seeing THAT picture of a certain dog in front of a rake of rabbits (in another thread) Reminded me of the controversy it caused in the "shooting news" back then.

So what do people think now ? Is it possible for one dog to take 100 or more rabbits in one night. ?

Bearing in mind, the rabbits have to be carried off the ground etc, i still doubt it.

What do you think ? :whistling:

my [bANNED TEXT] had a collie whippet and he took it somewer up scotland and got 160 rabbits in 12 hours. sadly the dog got stole out his kennels about 3 years ago now.

thats some going for a collie x whippet thats a rabbit approx every four and a half mins for twelve hrs non stop running catching retrieving legging not taking into account missed rabbits or taking a breather or letting the dog have a drink ive been in the dog game a long time and this internet shit gets worse

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it could be done(not by me by the way)you would need a good dog with alot of exprience handerling alot of runs of this kind to catch 100,you would need alot of ground that holds alot of rabbits so you can keep the dog fit,and as been sed alot of drive in both man and dog.maybe it will be done in the future i do belive it has been done before.and as for what would you want with 100 rabbits put them in the frezers and sell them i think you would have done yourself and your dog proud :)

can be done on the right land... i have friends off the coast of donegall live on an island over run with rabbits... they have never been hunted and is no natural predators.... friend bought a whippetxcollie xgrey caught well over 100 in 5 hours had to give rabbits to all 67 people that live on the island :clapper: unfortunately the dog never got to grips with the sudden cliffs on the island died at 3 years the mans never had a dog since :(

anyway point is right land anything would be possible....

I think alot has got to do with the ground you are running on and wat time of the year it is like september rabbits are a lot easier than december rabbits.I heard that tommy mcphee acheived this number with one dog on a few occasions.atvb

Seeing THAT picture of a certain dog in front of a rake of rabbits (in another thread) Reminded me of the controversy it caused in the "shooting news" back then.

So what do people think now ? Is it possible for one dog to take 100 or more rabbits in one night. ?

Bearing in mind, the rabbits have to be carried off the ground etc, i still doubt it.

my [bANNED TEXT] had a collie whippet and he took it somewer up scotland and got 160 rabbits in 12 hours. sadly the dog got stole out his kennels about 3 years ago now.

thats some going for a collie x whippet thats a rabbit approx every four and a half mins for twelve hrs non stop running catching retrieving legging not taking into account missed rabbits or taking a breather or letting the dog have a drink ive been in the dog game a long time and this internet shit gets worse

I was not going to say anymore on this subject but you hit the nail on the head, my dogs in the past have always done me proud and I know what it takes for a dog to be running up down for 2 hours, all those lads who think it can be done, when your out the next time and get your 10 or 20 rabbits analyse, the time and effort, after your 100 rabbits, you will be carrying your dog home, and he may never be the same dog again, computer talk is cheap, and the rubbish I have read on it I question myself, what on earth did I ever get involved with it, and to prove my point, again there is a lamping competition coming up if you combine the two dogs that is running that night they will not come near to the 100, Border Lad.

Guest gyppo

well bloody said,to many dreamers on here and mr chartpolski is one of em sorry had to be said

well bloody said,to many dreamers on here and mr chartpolski is one of em sorry had to be said

Don't be sorry Mark; we're all used with your nonsense by now......

mr cp i couldnt care who you think iam i said a point so i get accused of being someone else its been said before and checked so i have no problem there :clapper:

Tell your young pal to be careful who he talks to...he gave the game away last time !!! LOL !!!

Guest gyppo
mr cp i couldnt care who you think iam i said a point so i get accused of being someone else its been said before and checked so i have no problem there :clapper:

Tell your young pal to be careful who he talks to...he gave the game away last time !!! LOL !!!

well say what you want pal i couldnt care,but the 100 rabbits is a load of rubbish