Ton up

Tomo, Chartpolski, you two must be in a state of permanant 'de ja vu' with this one, :wacko: it'll keep coming up and the doubters will always be there, let 'em doubt :rolleyes: .... Leave it boys, leave it.... ;)

You're right mate, I don't know why we bother !! We give an honest answer to a question and are called liars. The guy says it CAN'T be done...then says, in theory, it CAN be done !!!!! Then idiots talking about summer, when the pic shows snow on the ground !!!

Cheers.

see again I never called anyone a LIAR, BUT TO END ALL THIS CHEAP TALK organise a competition time limit of 6hours, from october, through to jan/or feb, and see what todays dog man can come up with, what I am saying 1man and 1 dog will not bag that figure, in a 6hour stint, do not twist my words, MR CHARTPOLSKI,

i agree with you there border lad :yes: i dont think todays lurcher lads would do the ton. most lads work or at least have a better income than what lads had back in the 80's when these scores were done.

i know when i have had good scores it is tyreing and there comes a point when you think feck thats enough. but lads back then thought difrent. £1 for a rabbit bought obout 7-8 loavs of bread :thumbs:

nothing wrong in going out for just a few, if thats what you want.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be hard to do now as thair aint the same amout of rabbits about that their was in the 70s/80s /90s.

not true actualy chester, the uk rabbit population is still rising nationaly. its just you and your mates have wiped out your bits :D

be hard to do now as thair aint the same amout of rabbits about that their was in the 70s/80s /90s.

not true actualy chester, the uk rabbit population is still rising nationaly. its just you and your mates have wiped out your bits :D

up here mate the rabbit numbers are very poor compared to years gone by have bin for some time now .yes their is rabbits but in small pockets here and their .dont no weather its down to vhd or what but it aint down to dogging them. may have to sneek over the border to get some good numbers this season ;)
i think it would be hard to do now as thair aint the same amout of rabbits about that their was in the 70s/80s /90s.

the rabbits were not there then just the same as today the Mixie,, once a colony gets over run the Mixie breaks out what people forget the mixie was first reported down in ((( Edenbridge in Kent (((( I think about 1953 I COULD BE WRONG ON that date, but it ravaged the countryside, with Mixie, and spread like wildfire, ((( as the years has gone on the Rabbit has built in a higher resistance against it, I see today there is far more rabbits about here were I am than there ever was, and there was more long netting going on up here any way you could only sell good clean rabbits not any with bad marks on them Ie, conjueld blood,,

i think it would be hard to do now as thair aint the same amout of rabbits about that their was in the 70s/80s /90s.

Ihad some good bags of rabbits in the 60s and 70s , and there was nowhere near the numbers that there is now,i found that you get bigger bags when the rabbits come off of the field in a steady trickle,as opposed to having loads sitting out all over the place. I dont think one dog on its own ,would catch a 100 ,but 1 dog running out of a pair of dogs might do it ,if so ,you would be looking at a bag of 100 plus. we passed the ton a few times with two dogs and its very hard work.Like Tomo ,the most rabbits ,i have known to be caught by one dog was 80 + ,but in my opinion any dog that can catch twenty a night on a regular basis ,is in the A team .

its been done ;) end of.

as for carrying them, you just keep dropping off evry 20 -30.

weather lads wil do it now, is debatable, i dont think most lads have the mental and physical staminar to keep pushing on . most lads are happy to get 20 or so. ;)

I do not believe that has been done with one dog, I have had dogs all my life, from mid fifties to the present, AND i HAVE SEEN ALL THESE WONDER DOGS, but since the invention, of the home computer, the dog has been able to do wonderfull feats, I have only been on these hunting forums for a very short time, and it realy amazes me, what these wonder dogs can do, take the last lamping competition, that was run on here, two dogs each running single handed, on so called good ground, what was there best combined bag, nothing near the amazing 100, please lads wake up, It makes me so angry to hear and read such rubbish, and also did you hear hunting for the pot, the old ways, and leave something for tomorrow, stop the Bus I want to get off,

yes your right about the lamping comp , border lad. but you cant compair it to running a dog on your own or with a mate.

i was involved with the comp alot last year , and the underlieing thing was in evry heat , how slow most lads were taking it and picking and choosing rabbits, myself included. when theres somthing to win, lads take it easy.

i have taken 45 with my own little bitch , and took 80 with 2 dogs. iam confident both these dogs wil do the 100 TOGETHER this winter.

just because you or your friends havent done somthing border lad dont mean it aint been done.

Doing the 100 with two dogs yes but the question was 1 dog 100 rabbits thats gonna be bloody hard going I am not saying it carnt be done but two dogs will have done the ton before no probs but 1 dog is gonna be bloody hard going Id buy a dvd that showed 1 dog 100 rabbits in one night now that would be worth a watch so come on boys get the camaras out.:D

well i think if you have a few good bits ov ground and transport and lamp from dusk till dawn with a realy fit and healthy dog then i think it can be done, i have managed 25 rabbits on 1 bit ov land in 2 1/2 hours you should be able to get the 100 mark with 9/10 hours ov lamping and a 3/4 good bits ov lamping ground, JMO

LAMP

Guest warren

A Mr M. Radford and myself killed 73 rabbits and 3 hares on the lamp, thats my personal best, this took place well before the hare ban. The dog I had on that night ' Bob' is easily the best I have ever owned and he was at his best. When we got to this number I said to Mr Raford that I wasnt running Bob no more because he looked absalutly knackerd. Mr Radford wanted to go on as he thaught his bitch had more to offer. We called it a night although the land was still crawling with bunnies. I have always thought that 100 rabbits is a bit too much to ask of a dog, but after adding that, I know TOMO and Mr Chartpolski and would never think of them as bullshit@ters. TOMO, Mr Chartpolski did either of you witness this great achievement? Regards warren

A Mr M. Radford and myself killed 73 rabbits and 3 hares on the lamp, thats my personal best, this took place well before the hare ban. The dog I had on that night ' Bob' is easily the best I have ever owned and he was at his best. When we got to this number I said to Mr Raford that I wasnt running Bob no more because he looked absalutly knackerd. Mr Radford wanted to go on as he thaught his bitch had more to offer. We called it a night although the land was still crawling with bunnies. I have always thought that 100 rabbits is a bit too much to ask of a dog, but after adding that, I know TOMO and Mr Chartpolski and would never think of them as bullshit@ters. TOMO, Mr Chartpolski did either of you witness this great achievement? Regards warren

Yes I did, mate. And whats all this "MR" title ???LOL!!!I may be heading rapidly to becoming a senior citizen, but Chartpolski or C.P. is just fine LOL !!

Cheers :drinks:

No i didn't warren :no: so in all fairness i only have other peoples word for it :thumbs:

maybee im a little nieve in beliving it has been done, :D but i just take people at there word.

i do remember Lloyd in his book mentioning Mercedes (spelling) have a big score single handed 70-80 i think . and also doxhope in his book having two lurchers doing 80 and another doing 50ish all in one night

thats over 200 in one night. both respected dog men who you take at there word :thumbs:

Guest miller1989

Well computer is going slow so cant quote this but what border lad said on the 1st page about computers is completely and utterly understandable! Dogs are made out to be like robots,a machine but sadly there not there all animals! As for 100 rabbits in a night with one dog i would say its most definately possible but not many dogs could do it and you would have to choose your slips to perfection!

Guest warren

Yes I did, mate. And whats all this "MR" title ???LOL!!!I may be heading rapidly to becoming a senior citizen, but Chartpolski or C.P. is just fine LOL !!

I never ever in a million years thought it could be done but if you have seen it chartpolski then that will do for me. I do believe that I have had and seen some good dogs and never have any of them come close to the ton, even though the rabbits have been there in their thousands. I tip my hat to man and dog that done it. Both are super stars; the man for bringing a dog to such a very, very high standerd and the dog for being that dog. Which man and dog did it by the way? I will understan if the man doesnt want to named. Regards warren

I never ever in a million years thought it could be done but if you have seen it chartpolski then that will do for me. I do believe that I have had and seen some good dogs and never have any of them come close to the ton, even though the rabbits have been there in their thousands. I tip my hat to man and dog that done it. Both are super stars; the man for bringing a dog to such a very, very high standerd and the dog for being that dog. Which man and dog did it by the way? I will understan if the man doesnt want to named. Regards warren

I've allready said earlier in the post who it was and what dog it was; he's been out of the dog game for years, but still keeps a wee beddy cross around his stable for rats and the odd mooch.

Cheers.