bbc2 tonight

On 27 April 2018 at 10:00, steve66 said:

Only ever seen a couple once at malham cove and once on York minster 

If your ever in Bristol, just head for the old courages building right in the city centre, they are sat on the  snow box,s pretty much all day everyday, from castle green your almost at the same level as them looking across the dock, another really interesting thing with the city centre ones is they fly and hunt during the night because of all the light pollution over the city, which is why they have a higher survival rate than the country cousins 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Amazing bird, anyone seen the footage where one kills a much larger Hawk? Is there any bird it couldn't kill if it wanted to......

Yes my bird, she's a right nasty b*****d ?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Yes my bird, she's a right nasty b*****d ?

whats that tits or wings   lol ,    that vid on the page is brill , it hit the other  hawk  like  a feckin rock  coming down, wonder if it kill a golden eagle  ?. i had mate who had eagle owl  think it was female , i used get him few rabbits , it was bloody nasty thing over it rabbit, strong as well . i like all birds of prey   hence  my user  name (bird )  !  

15 minutes ago, bird said:

whats that tits or wings   lol ,    that vid on the page is brill , it hit the other  hawk  like  a feckin rock  coming down, wonder if it kill a golden eagle  ?. i had mate who had eagle owl  think it was female , i used get him few rabbits , it was bloody nasty thing over it rabbit, strong as well . i like all birds of prey   hence  my user  name (bird )  !  

I should imagine with a perfect strike to the head it would kill a Golden Eagle outright.

21 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Amazing bird, anyone seen the footage where one kills a much larger Hawk? Is there any bird it couldn't kill if it wanted to......

Watched one take out a herring gull a few years ago. It was on a power station and I think the gull had strayed to close to the peregrine’s nest on a cooling tower. Amazing sight.

I’ve seen them stoop and chase prey, and seen them carrying caught prey, but that’s the only strike I’ve ever actually seen. The gull never knew what hit it.

• Like 2

At half 9 this morning I was watching the female back at the same spot as last yr , sat on eggs she is , they ain't half well camouflaged when on the cliffs , only I know she's there you'd struggle to see her even with swaskoskis glasses !! 

• Like 1
On 28/04/2018 at 11:17, Greyman said:

If your ever in Bristol, just head for the old courages building right in the city centre, they are sat on the  snow box,s pretty much all day everyday, from castle green your almost at the same level as them looking across the dock, another really interesting thing with the city centre ones is they fly and hunt during the night because of all the light pollution over the city, which is why they have a higher survival rate than the country cousins 

Symonds yat coleford sides good for viewing them, think they nest between chepstow an tintern as well.

• Like 1