Fallon resignes.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon Keith Vaz is the best man to head up the enquiry !  I hear he has vast experience in this area.

I remember my first real job as a 17 year old , it was in the early 80's & working in a factory full of blokes you got whistled at & comments all the time, I can honestly say it wasn't somethi

First of many ?. if they made it illegal to be a mp if you have a criminal record the place would be empty 

Posted Images

There were times when putting a hand on a girls knee wasnt that unusual or unwelcome. I dont think girls have ever been timid in that sense. Its the blackmail element and for some, the only notoriety they will get.

I just cant fathom this situation - if you ask for favour and threaten consequences if not given, thats abuse of power - fine. if its between 2 consenting adults and the relationship ends badly then what ?

Fallon expects more to come out clearly and doesnt want more problems for the PM or the party I presume, or he hates the job, or simply wants to get out. it cant be simply Ms Hartly-Brewers accusation - as she says, that wasnt a problem. If thats all there is then the world has gone mad when the 'victim' wouldnt be remotely concerned and now has said she does not want to be any part of the dismissal of a cabinet minister who remains her friend !

• Like 3

I remember my first real job as a 17 year old , it was in the early 80's & working in a factory full of blokes you got whistled at & comments all the time, I can honestly say it wasn't something I struggled to deal with , it was banter as far as I am concerned .

I then worked in a factory making car parts that was full of women , believe me the banter between women & the few men  who worked there was a lot worse , a factory full of women who are getting none at home is far more intimidating than anything a bloke can chuck your way :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can remember getting my first job in a bar full of local lads, mostly farm labourers. Their aim was to make me blush: a silly, little girl in a bar full of men. It was the sort of hazing any new person of either sex is subjected to in a gang/pack situation. If I'd been a young man I've no doubt they'd have played a similar game with different innuendos. I learned, fast,  to beat them at darts and turn their dirty jokes and double-entendres on them: they loved it. 

What saddens me these days is that the 'victim' stance of so many young women. They want all the attention, but on their terms only. This is not to decry the genuine abuse that has, and does, go on when men in power use scare tactics to abuse young women, and men. But the moral compass of so many star-struck youngsters has to be very skewed if they believe they can only reach their goals by abasing themselves to those in power. But, a pat on the knee? Hardly an assault is it. Men have always seen women as sexual objects, just the same as women have always seen men as security, money etc. Not all, of course.  Problem is that the same basic male-female behaviour that exists within a pride of lions or a herd of horses continues to exist in humans, and we are led to believe we are no longer simply animals, which is kind of hard to accept when animal instincts continue to rule our lives: reproduction, territory etc.

• Like 3

Does anyone honestly believe Fallon resigned over touching the knee of a woman? Especially considering she's said it wasn't a big deal.

I'd say it's pretty obvious there's more serious allegations waiting to come out.

1 minute ago, BGD said:

Does anyone honestly believe Fallon resigned over touching the knee of a woman? Especially considering she's said it wasn't a big deal.

I'd say it's pretty obvious there's more serious allegations waiting to come out.

No way. Hartley-Brewer was more than man enough to deal with it at the time. I reckon a lot more is going to come out. Can't see how resigning would stop that.

Trouble is there'll be so many people trying to jump on the bandwagon it'll be hard to sort the wheat from chaff.

So the new Defence Secretary is Gavin Williamson, the Chief Whip who would have been involved in compiling and covering up the list that was leaked earlier this week that lead to Fallon's resignation... :huh:

• Like 1

Saw him being interviewed on the telly last night, when he was asked did you resign before anything else comes out, he side stepped the question completely "as they do" and went down another route avoiding answering the question.

24 minutes ago, BGD said:

So the new Defence Secretary is Gavin Williamson, the Chief Whip who would have been involved in compiling and covering up the list that was leaked earlier this week that lead to Fallon's resignation... :huh:

:boogy:Great innit ! ..........no matter how many times they do blatant shit in front of our very eyes we all still keep voting for these people!

so, who are the idiots ? 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, WILF said:

:boogy:Great innit ! ..........no matter how many times they do blatant shit in front of our very eyes we all still keep voting for these people!

so, who are the idiots ? 

I honestly thought I must have been mistaken thinking he was Chief Whip when I heard he was taking over :laugh:

"She is so weak she has let Williamson appoint himself - this is appalling" quote from a Conservative minister apparently.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, WILF said:

so, who are the idiots ? 

Them that keep voting for the fekers WILF .Its never ending with the fekers and tbh I find it quite funny.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, walshie said:

If there is a god, please let Diane Abbott be the next sex pest outed and has to resign. :laugh:

Ok I think it's time to go public with this.

I know I've joked before about having a sexual reationship with Diane in the past but that's just my way of coping with the fact that she raped me :cray:She cornered me in the toilets at the Labour party conference, pinned me down and violated me with a big black strap on while yelling "Take that you white devil!" :no: I tried reporting it but Corbyn just laughed in my face and said I deserved it.

I'm sure you can appreciate how hard it is to open up about this and I hope I can rely on the support of the THL family in this trying time.

12 minutes ago, BGD said:

Ok I think it's time to go public with this.

I know I've joked before about having a sexual reationship with Diane in the past but that's just my way of coping with the fact that she raped me :cray:She cornered me in the toilets at the Labour party conference, pinned me down and violated me with a big black strap on while yelling "Take that you white devil!" :no: I tried reporting it but Corbyn just laughed in my face and said I deserved it.

I'm sure you can appreciate how hard it is to open up about this and I hope I can rely on the support of the THL family in this trying time.

Nah, we all know she's thick as two short planks, but she isn't blind.  :laugh: