Imagine This Now.

Whenever I'm out and about I like to look at the war memorials in towns and villages and when you see how many men were lost in the first world war it's shocking to think of how different life was then. Families losing three or four children in one go, the amount of fatherless children, villages losing fifty percent of the male population etc. We truly don't realise how lucky we are to be living in this day and age. What does everybody else think?

• Like 8

I honestly believe that we will never see the likes of that again,not in these times... shit hits the fan young uns be out robbing and looting, wont be signing up for Queen and country. On the way home this morning heard on radio that north Korea have announced they have set of a hydrogen bomb? It something is not done soon we all be f****d. Atb dc

• Like 1

Yes it could and it is happening now, just not to us and not in this part of the world, also in a much smaller way. I have those who I consider enemy's but one should show respect for their kind of life and for the lives of their loved ones. Do not threaten or try to impose your world on me or my believes, and I will speak out when others try to impose theirs on you. If not then no Laws or Conventions will or shall be adhered to if it ever hits the fan in my back garden.

As to the USA and North Korea, I just wander how many stop to think as to where and who is feeding us this constant S**T. This is not 1945, it is not a Defeated Japan and the USA is not the only one who have the ability to destroy our way of life. Do I Support North Korea? No I do F-ING NOT. I do not like it when others try to tell me or make me live their kind of life. Then why should I try to tell them how to live?

All the very best

what do i think.for one what did they all die for.our way of life is slipping away every day.germany is in charge of the eu who are blackmailing our country into signing away all of our ace cards in the negotiations.we are fecked as you can now see from all of the threats plus actions that have been taken against english buisiness.also look at freedom of speach,you can now not say anything you like about the muslims who are taking over this country.between the two we are lost

• Like 2

What I'm trying to say is imagine your a father who has seen four of his sons go to war and getting a telegram saying George has been killed then a month after Bert has been killed then three months after Harry has been killed and so on, they must have been hard times to live through....

• Like 5

what do i think.for one what did they all die for.our way of life is slipping away every day.germany is in charge of the eu who are blackmailing our country into signing away all of our ace cards in the negotiations.we are fecked as you can now see from all of the threats plus actions that have been taken against english buisiness.also look at freedom of speach,you can now not say anything you like about the muslims who are taking over this country.between the two we are lost

This is the UK. This is not a defenceless Greece that was since 1949 Bleed and left by the Fascists DRY so that Germany and it Bankers can Control. The EU cannot do Jack if the UK decides not to play the game. The City of London Can Destroy The German Economy in Ten Minutes Flat, or do we only Try to do that kind of thing to Country's not in the EU? As to the rest, that is up to us for it to happen or not.

In just my opinion that is

All the very best

• Like 1

Most people I know are nihilists,they live for comfort and the occasional endorphin rush.

There's no higher purpose,so there's nothing worth sacrificing for.

Evola reckoned this is a phase all societies go through.

Do you believe that people had a higher purpose then? After all it's only 100 years ago.

Most people I know are nihilists,they live for comfort and the occasional endorphin rush.

Do you believe that people had a higher purpose then? After all it's only 100 years ago.

No folk were a lot more silly back then..beleiving anything patriotic from the higher echilons of establishment... thats why ordinary folk gave up there life while the powers that be had pulled a master stroke getting folk to die for them...population control was as prevalient then as it is today.

I think the vast majority would have been Christians and/or had a strong reverence for enlightenment values,so would have been very susceptible to propaganda in the pre-internet days.

They also would have been much more patriotic and concerned for their country.

As far as a lot of them were concerned there was a horde of Asiatic huns raping and pillaging in Europe and we were next on their hit list.

• Like 2

Whenever I'm out and about I like to look at the war memorials in towns and villages and when you see how many men were lost in the first world war it's shocking to think of how different life was then. Families losing three or four children in one go, the amount of fatherless children, villages losing fifty percent of the male population etc. We truly don't realise how lucky we are to be living in this day and age. What does everybody else think?

If a few more stopped ,looked ,read and thought about those war memorials maybe this country wouldn't be in such a mess .

• Like 5

I live in a little town in the borders , the names from ww2 are the sons nephews and brothers of those lost in ww1,

Entire generations decimated

Tragic

Going by the names I've found that as well although the numbers lost in ww2 is generally a hell of a lot less than ww1 so some lessons must have been learnt somewhere.