Mad Irish Man.

Theres an old famer by me if your in his field your game!

If you see them landy or quad headlights comeing get off that field he will run you down.

Iv persnoly never been chased by him but close mates have had some close calls. The mad man will drive threw his own fence to get you

• Like 1

You won't get as mad as a Welsh farmer in the hills. By f****d if you can even understand them. They don't see anyone,I'm sure they're language is crow or magpie because they don't speak to humans. Yes yes...aiai....that's about the best you can get out of them

• Like 5

A old farmer got him self a new ride on mower told his two sons never to touch it,I always lamp his farm by pickup with it being quite wet I thought I would use the quad, few days later I called at the farm for a chat and the old boy told me his sons had been driving his ride on mower all over the farm an both denied it I said how he new he said there's tracks all over the farm he was that pissed off I thought best not to mention they were my quad tracks

• Like 4

While travelling on the road in a band years ago,I would knock down any rabbits I could coming home at night for the dogs.We had a banjo player who was a prick,one night I hit a hare and sent him out to pick it up,telling him it was a rabbit,he got some bite from that hare.

• Like 2

You won't get as mad as a Welsh farmer in the hills. By f****d if you can even understand them. They don't see anyone,I'm sure they're language is crow or magpie because they don't speak to humans. Yes yes...aiai....that's about the best you can get out of them

you knock the next farm and he tells you they are brothers/cousins but they don't speak lol-just nod smile and ask can we come on?I find they can't say no to the scouse dream team that I dig with pmsl-meet some mad old boys up in them hills and no amount of learning welsh in schools gonna help you out.its a different world.atb dc

F*** Goat you want to try talk to them when you're English! I've tried a couple of times and been totally ignored as if I wasn't there. They're an odd bunch.
  • Like 2

Always found it best to go with a local and keep stum .Years back when I was out with old Mr Dunn ,some of the farmer here were so broad Wiltshire as to be a pure guess to what they said ."cassent thee find owt in ole "lol.Bear in mind I was early 20 s and had to look to Norman for an explanation .One old boy, Mr Pagett ,used to drive us about the land in a tractor and trailor ,old ford 5000 with a tarpaulin hood .He liked to see a dig but never got out the tractor ,one of those ageless characters .

We used to do a patch of land that was basically an island ,bordered by main road on all side owned by a Mr Montigue Bowdenlyle,A withered old fella with a wisp of white beard with a wife with nearly as much beard who used to mutter something and point with his stick .Norman knew the drill but I never knew what the hell he meant as we never walked in the direction his stick went!.

Some ratting we did was on an old farm down the longest track I've ever known .Old Tom Marshall used to look after the place on behalf of a rich family always abroad.He was scared stiff we would move something out of place but was equally as scared of rats so used to bark at us from a distance to put things back or leave alone .We never left anything unmoved if the dogs were marking and his language and tone would rise the more we moved lol so you can imagine we played on it all the more .

Lytes Carey was a strange one too ,had a high voice which made me snigger back then to the point me and Clive would be pissing ourselves .Anything he said whether serious or not would be met with a laugh .

• Like 2

The same old woman rang me a couple of months ago in a panic to tell me that there was a fox in her larsen and could I kill it ASAP.

I was actually only 2 fields from her yard and had 2 terriers and the lurcher with me.

I thought to myself I could be there in minute and do the job but I said to myself that if a jobs worth doing it's worth doing properly so I drove the 3 miles home as quick as possible and grabbed the .22.

I got back to her yard and as I'm walking towards the trap with her beside me just as I reached into my pocket for a bullet the fox reached up and pulled down the door, slipped out and through the hedge. And me with 2 terriers and the lurcher still in the van.

I got called every name under the sun 'till she calmed down and all I could do was promise I'd get the fox no matter what.

But not before he paid her a couple more visits depriving her of a few hens.

• Like 2

you knock the next farm and he tells you they are brothers/cousins but they don't speak lol-just nod smile and ask can we come on?I find they can't say no to the scouse dream team that I dig with pmsl-meet some mad old boys up in them hills and no amount of learning welsh in schools gonna help you out.its a different world.atb dc

I wish you'd reply to my PM instead of this thread...you was all mouth on the last thread we were both on.