And It Starts

So after research and speaking to numerous people I finally have decided on the bitch I'll be using to do a mating with my 3/8 5/8 bull grey, she's a blue bitch named witcombe howzat stands at 30" tts daughter of westmead hawk x droopys kina and half sister to Sparta meastro! Hopefully will be doing a mating at the end of this week.

f***ing hell I think you should have picked a bigger bitch :icon_eek:

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sire; Dam;

Bitch

For anyone that didn't know I changed my mind of a pup it wasn't an easy decision as the bitch I originally chose is a really nice bitch I just think the bitch iv now picked will handle it abit more b

Posted Images

attachicon.gifIMG_1631.PNG

This is a pup a mate of mine produce from a much racier type 3:8 5/8 bull grey dog to a straight ex racing bitch,

seen dogs bred like this in the passed useful animals but can suffer in the cold wet weather and that's what cud happen if they turn out like the greyhound good luck if you don't try it you'll never know atb

When greyhound Dams are used the greyhound blood Usually rules

that the same when you use grey stud over full bull bitch?only asking as lads I know always used the bull as the dam to start their line off not the bull over grey bitch.atb dc

No for some unknown reason to me its not the same. Greyhound dams seem to dilute more

• Like 1

Are you sure she is 30 inch at shoulder mate ?

Her racing weight was 61 LB

If 30 inch you'd expect a bitch to be a lot heavier than that.

Not many greyhound dogs are 30 inch at the shoulder unless they the big 80-100 LB coursing types.

She's nicely bred and was a decent racer.

Good luck with the pups.

I'll know more on Wednesday mate I can only go on what the fella has said

Both dogs look spot on pups should do the job

Cheers mate a wise man once told me when using a greyhound always make sure it's a bitch not a dog as bitches always throw fire, not that these pups need any fire in there blood but we will see

I know what your saying fellas and appreciate the input but the photos don't do this dog justice he is as built built as any half cross I think by adding the greyhound I'm hoping to get taller racey pups with good jaws this dogs head is like a slab a couple of my pals run half crosses and his heads bigger than theres

I've seen a 29tts bulldeerhound that you would fit your dog inside mate put to greyhound & still have pups with heads like a greyhound mate not having a go just stating a fact & you would get better chance of getting better pups off a racey bullx atb cbx
  • Like 2

Depending what sort of stuff your into this dog has had one job and that's working with terriers yes he's done the off but if other stuff but he's no forest gump iv seen the mother to my young dog pull things out of holes and she's built like a whippet greyhound, there isn't anything thisbdog can do that she couldn't he's just stronger and heavier, I'm wanting something that I can take out and knock ten rabbits over and knock anything else over that I come across that's what these pups are going to be bred for, I'm well aware it doesn't always go to plan but the intentions are to produce tall racey pups built more like a greyhound but be as hard as this dog, they might not turn out that way but iv seen it done before, only time will tell ay

i would have thought these pups will turn out grand.there only 1/8 off being 3/4 bred aint they?aint a 3/8 5/8 practicly a 1/2 x?.shaddy i think your intentions will pay off.

At the end of the day I know what this dog is made of and my plans are to breed decent all rounders will it pay off? Who knows but it's well worth a shot, iv dm'D you bud