Timber Wolf Crossed Alsatian 1950's

At the Conway Valley show this year, a chap I met claimed his dog was a wolf cross.... :yes:

Few years ago we met a guy at the game fair at harewood house I think its called and he had couple, pics of matings and that, the dogs were impressive if a tad iffy and I stayed out of reach, but they were deffo different even if not genuine wolf dogs

I remember them.... they were beautiful animals but as said, iffy as fuuck.

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they are called Czech wolfdogs. l have one, they are the result of a deliberate crossing of Carpathian wolves to GSDs in the 1950s as someone has already said. Mine is very different from any

just if this comes out bigger

My brother's got a steady line of hybrids going. Opted for a drop of Lab blood..

Posted Images

This is my girl as a pup, pick of her dad Rio and the amber eyed one is Soul, an imported Czech belongs to a friend.

Will put some current ones of my girl asap, locked out of photobucket again

really nice looking dogs bud..... ;)

Just done a search for wolf dogs and there are a few varieties around. These are Dutch Saarloos wolf hounds.

saarloos-wolfhound-active-dog-as-pet-1.j

Some dog.

TC

I have met those dogs, the girl on the right used to live with me for a while many years back, big big and very powerful animals, it's not often I shy away from any dog, but they really made you think twice, you could just see the power in them, they were often taken to a farm and let run free, they could move as well, on more than one occasion I saw them snap at each other and they really came across as killers.

• Like 2

A couple of my girl finally. She looks a bit out of proportion as she's only 11 months old and they grow more slowly than other none wolf type breed.

re Saarloos, they are stunning dogs, and tend to be more wolfish than the Czech as they have the smaller ears and more wolfy proportions,

Unfortunately the breed standard in their country of origin, Holland i think, called for aloofness and timidity, and because this was bred for the breed/type, such as it is, now has a massive problem with fear bitting and fear aggresdive dogs, and so they are crossing out to Czech wolf and other similar types to try to reduce the problem.

post-103382-0-47013500-1476094379.jpg

post-103382-0-44843100-1476094396.jpg

• Like 3

Size of them,there was someone on the uk reptile forums years ago was breeding similar but a lot smaller in build.

I think she came on here too didn't she? Was it pimperella or something like that?
Yeah couldnt remember if she joined here or not,she was on river cottage forum as well I think,bred chickens to.

Just done a search for wolf dogs and there are a few varieties around. These are Dutch Saarloos wolf hounds.

saarloos-wolfhound-active-dog-as-pet-1.j

Some dog.

TC

I have met those dogs, the girl on the right used to live with me for a while many years back, big big and very powerful animals, it's not often I shy away from any dog, but they really made you think twice, you could just see the power in them, they were often taken to a farm and let run free, they could move as well, on more than one occasion I saw them snap at each other and they really came across as killers.

bloody hell , there look massive , though my dog Buck was big lol, he look like grew next to them .lol i think when you x a wild animal like a wolf to a dog, the animal can be like as said on here , iffy dodgy temp.Buck got a brill temp, great with people and kids, and friendly with dogs a pleasure to take out anyway . he got good stamina, agility, fast and very powerful dog . But looking at them pics of them big wolf dogs, which alot bigger and prob hell of alot more stronger than Buck, animals like them getting in the wrong hands , which they prob will do, the damage they do to a person or another dog, not worth thinking about, rather have big soft lurcher anyday, been around lurchers 30 years now, and i dont think there dog out there with better temp than lurcher, great working dog and make brill pets :yes:

A couple of my girl finally. She looks a bit out of proportion as she's only 11 months old and they grow more slowly than other none wolf type breed.

re Saarloos, they are stunning dogs, and tend to be more wolfish than the Czech as they have the smaller ears and more wolfy proportions,

Unfortunately the breed standard in their country of origin, Holland i think, called for aloofness and timidity, and because this was bred for the breed/type, such as it is, now has a massive problem with fear bitting and fear aggresdive dogs, and so they are crossing out to Czech wolf and other similar types to try to reduce the problem.

I'm no dog expert by a long shot but why the f**k would they have timidity as part of a breed standard

• Like 1