Boxing At The Weekend...

10 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

That constantly backing up and fighting odd the ropes is fustrating. Anytime he come forward and let's his hands go he stops the guy in his tracks.

He's loosing for me......

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Change trainer if I was DeGale 

hands up I called that wrong, to me looks like DeGale is hiding something and after that performance I'd forget fighting the winner of the WBSS, whoever wins that beats DeGale 

Truax an he's team new all DeGale weak areas, they must've worn out the jack-DeGale tapes ?

Looks a shell of heself to me, 11month out I know, but just looked poor in there tonight 

DeGale had the skills to win but just looked jank, had some classy moments but Truax is a fighter he should be beating really I still stand by that....

Truax came to fight but he's style is awkward and he isn't the best of fighters at the weight DeGale should be beating him , like I say, forget wbss winner, fairplay to Truax tho he upset the odds , he's gameplan worked & he got the decision away from home ?

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 2

Degale time off and injuries aside,is a fading fighter and has been for the last couple of years.He has always fought off the ropes but early in his career he had a higher work rate and could get away with it,now he just looks too flat and lately his face is always a mess.Degale was lucky not to have a point off for use of the head but that's another thing he has always done.Degale had no injuries tonight he was just simply out worked and Truax wanted it more. I think Degale just thought he had to turn up to win,he was on one of the boxing forums saying he wants to fight Groves for 5-10 million as he said Groves will win that competition and that Groves will probably ko Eubank.He can forget about fighting the winner of that competition now. Degale is clearly not the fighter he once was and has nothing to bring to the table now for the winner of the WBSS,the winner of that competition will defo fancy there chances against Truax.

• Like 1

Yeah, make you right there mick ?

He made it very easy for Truax tonight, he was like a sitting duck on them ropes, to find DeGale Truax only had to literally come forward... that's not world class boxing...

the jack fights took a lot out of him & he has very little to offer from here 

I can't bare eubank jnr I think he's a proper dinlo but he's right in what he just said, after all DeGales talk, giving a performance like that was shameful , agree with Jnr for once lol

Edited by Billy b

Truax said before the fight he had studied Degale and that he just had to apply pressure and make him work every round,his gameplan worked to his credit.Eubank jnr has had one chance to step up to elite level but was beaten by Saunders and I cant see him beating Groves who to be fair has got over the Froch losses and is arguably the best SMW in the world now. Still be a good fight and Im looking forward to it .

Lucky for frank Warren he was only on a "one fight then talk"deal with DeGale here 

yeah Truax was right in all the things he said. Yeah groves has come out the woods & I think he has enough class to beat eubank jnr, groves has an excellent jab, jnr very crude fighter & lacks boxing basics, he's best asset is he's extreme fitness & punch output/variety but he can always be outboxed, bill toyed with him & then still didn't allow him properly into the fight after he's stamina started to go a bit 

Edited by Billy b

Another easy night for lomachenko , totally mugged rigendeaux off and made him look amateurish and resorting to grabbing hold and fighting dirty . I saw some compu box stats that say he didn’t land more than 3 punches in any round . 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Loma too big too strong too skilled - all round better - rigo too small, not he's natural weight

second fighter Loma has made quit in the ring 

Fourth on the trott mate, I don't think a 5lb weight difference made any difference , rigo done what he always does and it failed against a better fighter

Rigo was working on angles in camp, pivoting to he's left and circling away from lomas lead to try & fire in shots & catch Loma as unaware as he could, was pracising to the backhand, step off as loma tries to counter, then 1-2, good plan to try & circle around a fighter like Loma that uses so many angles , but this was all in camp on the pads where it doesn't really count, I could see what he was getting at but it was nowhere near good enough on the night

he couldn't beat Loma anyway 

Loma far too good, will easily be a goat 

• Like 2

Rigo,s now claiming a broken hand which is quite funny considering he threw 3 big punch,s and missed with them all, also claimed to have broken 5 sparring partners jaws in the build up, two men stepped in the ring and one of them was exposed by the other, lomanchenko is normally a bit slow starting and I thought he was just stepping up a gear and rigo thought feck this, I recon that will be the end of him he,s not very liked and promises more than he,s got, another easy night for ddd I think he will go on to hold the heavyweight belt for quite some time a far more natural heavyweight than aj imho 

• Like 1

Anyone see the smith injury , first time I’ve seen something like that in the ring . He was losing anyway but there was no way he could of carried on like that  . The solido v Roman fight on the same card was a good one , a proper toe to toe Mexican fight 

58 minutes ago, neil r said:

Anyone see the smith injury , first time I’ve seen something like that in the ring . He was losing anyway but there was no way he could of carried on like that  . The solido v Roman fight on the same card was a good one , a proper toe to toe Mexican fight 

Looked terrible........