Feeding Tinned Food

Just a quick one, I haven't been feeding raw for a few weeks because I haven't been able to get anything decent so I have been feeding my lurcher tinned pedigree and her coat looks a lot better

Anybody else feed tinned food I thought it was supposed to be full of shit

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proud to say in 40 years of running dogs .............never opened a tin of dog meat .

I'm glad no offence was taken I avoid it myself but when needs must and all that I use the chubb from lidl and some dry mix and the cnuts do be rearing to go just look at the picture lol

plenty of dogs survive well enough on tin ed dog food and kibble . cant be that bad !!.

Posted Images

Just a quick one, I haven't been feeding raw for a few weeks because I haven't been able to get anything decent so I have been feeding my lurcher tinned pedigree and her coat looks a lot better

Anybody else feed tinned food I thought it was supposed to be full of shit

I have fed it and always keep a few tins of the pedigree in gravy in the cupboard incase I've not got meat defrosted.

I wouldn't feed it as a staple food, doesn't contain enough for working dogs, but won't do any harm.

Mine have never had the shits off it anyway.

I'm going on holiday next week and dogs are going up my mums for the week. I won't ask them to mess about with raw feeding so they will get dry biscuits and tinned meat with a glug of cod liver oil.

I'm sure they will survive. Lol

• Like 1

I've never fed any of my dogs on that in 20yrs. 1 can contains 80% moisture. Fancy word for water. Better off buying some beef mince from the supermarket. Or chicken wings. Tinned food is about £1 a tin I think but not sure. Tons more goodness in the above. Rant over lol. I just hate the stuff mate.

If your going to feed anything like that feed the chub roll out of lidl there is more meat than in a can of tinned food

They are both approx 80% moisture and 7% protein so I wouldn't say there is more meat in one than the other.

There is a raw supplier over here that makes chubbs and on his website he reckons the next best thing to his chubbs is the ones out of lidl he says there's alot more meat in them than a can of peddergree chum he says there's only four percent meat in can of chum

If your going to feed anything like that feed the chub roll out of lidl there is more meat than in a can of tinned food

They are both approx 80% moisture and 7% protein so I wouldn't say there is more meat in one than the other.

There is a raw supplier over here that makes chubbs and on his website he reckons the next best thing to his chubbs is the ones out of lidl he says there's alot more meat in them than a can of peddergree chum he says there's only four percent meat in can of chum

Well he's wrong. Got a can here and it's 7% protein ?

I ain't saying feed the dogs tinned meat. It's shite compared to proper meat. But people need to understand what they are saying before saying it.

Fresh human grade beef and chicken from tesco is about 70% water.

I've never fed any of my dogs on that in 20yrs. 1 can contains 80% moisture. Fancy word for water. Better off buying some beef mince from the supermarket. Or chicken wings. Tinned food is about £1 a tin I think but not sure. Tons more goodness in the above. Rant over lol. I just hate the stuff mate.

I agree fresh mince or chicken wings would be much better king ?

But as said above, human grade meat from supermarket is 70% moisture. People seem to think meat is 100% protein.

I agree fresh mince or chicken wings would be much better king

But as said above, human grade meat from supermarket is 70% moisture. People seem to think meat is 100% protein.

I thought human grade mince was 60% moisture I may be wrong. Slightly browning the beef in a pan would get rid of a bit of water. and weight wise you could get more protein etc in to say 1lb of mince as in concentrating the meat but you would be sacrificing killing the nutrients minerals etc. so barf would be out of the window To a certain degree. I think feeding dogs is a hobby on its own. And I've allways been interested in it.
  • Like 1

Is it true that pedigree was found to have cat meat in it?? My dogs do well on tinned meat although I have a small supply of raw steaks and mince etc so I rarely need to buy it!! My dogs never faired well on raw chicken, they fart and stink none stop with a lacklustre performance that night