513 replies to this topic

#31 terryd

terryd

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:47 pm

If they did have a free vote on it the chances of it going our way would be pretty slim I imagine. Most of them wouldn't understand or not care about the issue and vote against.

I think there are lots too that want to actually tighten the laws down even more from what I read about the place 

#32 Gareth12

Gareth12

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:54 pm

Imo the ban will never be lifted. There would be uproar from anti's, lots of bad publicity etc. And tbh as controversial as it sounds, it maybe a good thing. those who are committed and serious willl carry on regardless, the ban stops a lot of idiots. The people who need to stay active will, And will keep a low profile and maybe that's for the best the way the world is with Facebook, mobile phones etc!! Just my two pence
  • NEWSBOY, hare_n_hounds, Marvel and 1 other like this

#33 Fieldsporthunter

Fieldsporthunter

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:18 pm

Imo the ban will never be lifted. There would be uproar from anti's, lots of bad publicity etc. And tbh as controversial as it sounds, it maybe a good thing. those who are committed and serious willl carry on regardless, the ban stops a lot of idiots. The people who need to stay active will, And will keep a low profile and maybe that's for the best the way the world is with Facebook, mobile phones etc!! Just my two pence

I agree with you in that respect but on the other hand I feel hunting is our right not to be taken away and nobody should be allowed to judge and say who can and can't hunt.
  • bryson, steven35, hawki and 2 others like this

#34 Gareth12

Gareth12

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:28 pm

I know what your saying, and it's a sad reflection of the way this country treats it's working class. However I do think hunters have a fairly low profile at the moment (in a lot of places, not all) it may not be the worst thing that working dogs doesnt get put under the microscope again. The grass is always greener, and in my opinion perhaps it's better that hunters/ hunting dogs are not the focus of the mainstream media for now. It's not ideal, and I do feel sorry for coursing boys and boys working hounds etc. however things could be a lot worse if hunting is put back in the limelight!! As I said above, unfortunately there are too many idiots who give the papers/anti's ammunition and give the real grafters a bad name.
Better to stay in the shadows than shine the light where you may not want others looking. For now anyway.
  • Cleanspade, countrymon, Fieldsporthunter and 5 others like this

#35 F@ Larry

F@ Larry

Four can wonder.

• Members
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:41 am

spot

I know what your saying, and it's a sad reflection of the way this country treats it's working class. However I do think hunters have a fairly low profile at the moment (in a lot of places, not all) it may not be the worst thing that working dogs doesnt get put under the microscope again. The grass is always greener, and in my opinion perhaps it's better that hunters/ hunting dogs are not the focus of the mainstream media for now. It's not ideal, and I do feel sorry for coursing boys and boys working hounds etc. however things could be a lot worse if hunting is put back in the limelight!! As I said above, unfortunately there are too many idiots who give the papers/anti's ammunition and give the real grafters a bad name.
Better to stay in the shadows than shine the light where you may not want others looking. For now anyway.

spot on gareth youv the glory hunters and the peddlers it the same thing bumming there dog up to make money..it best to shut up an do your own thing

#36 keepitcovert

keepitcovert

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:39 am

Cant see a return to the days before the ban, there is no doubt that some sort of fox control will be needed, but probably by licensed pest controllers, riding to hounds is a pretty innefective way of control, lets face it its just a ritualised way of spending a day out on the horse. The use of lurchers would be a far more effective way of control, but would probably cause a public outcry, and as said could have bad implications further down the line. Unfortunately coursing, probably the fairest of all fieldsports and the most misunderstood took the brunt when the axe fell. I often wonder how many of the fox hunting set would be willing to back up the coursing fraternity, my recollections of a lot of them in pre ban days were that a lot of them viewed the coursing boys as little more than a bunch of oiks. YIS KIC :hmm:

• Phil Lloyd, sandymere, northern lad and 3 others like this

#37 nothernlite

nothernlite

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 13,820 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:18 am

Bunch of oiks lol no far wrong most of the lurcher show are full of neds or chavs there's as much chance of that prick cameron keeping the NHS as there is of him lifting the ban it will never happen
  • NEWSBOY, Tozer and F@ Larry like this

#38 cocker

cocker

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:35 am

Fox hunting back on the agenda reveals Jeremy Hunt as Tories plan 'radical blitz' after election bloodbath

• F@ Larry likes this

#39 desertbred

desertbred

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:16 pm

lifting the ban would only encourage the "Law Abiding " hunters back into the game  Sunny Summer Sunday mornings would be busy as f**k :yes:

• david jones and Argon66 like this

#40 trenchfoot

trenchfoot

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:22 pm

How many lurcher owners have been prosecuted under the hunting ban, as opposed to "trespass in pursuit"?

• Phil Lloyd likes this

#41 desertbred

desertbred

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:28 pm

Most take the easy option and plead guilty to the tresspass option , the hunting with dogs is easily beatable with a good legal representative the first thing they have to prove you deliberately slipped your dog, and then they have to prove that the bird that you were flushing to didnt actually f**k off if you are on permission :laugh:

Edited by desertbred, 09 May 2015 - 12:35 pm.

#42 cocker

cocker

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:29 pm

ok, "in general", have things got worse since the ban or have things got better since the ban ???????????

#43 Phil Lloyd

Phil Lloyd

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:34 pm

:hmm: I think we should ALL have a trip back up to London :thumbs:

• Cleanspade, cocker, Night Walker and 8 others like this

#44 desertbred

desertbred

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:39 pm

:hmm: I think we should ALL have a trip back up to London :thumbs:

and E-mail the Queen about the RSPCA and its links to Lacs it should loose its charitable status.

Edited by desertbred, 09 May 2015 - 12:40 pm.

• cocker, boyo, trenchfoot and 3 others like this

#45 trenchfoot

trenchfoot

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:45 pm

the worse thing that happen since the ban is facebook. 

• Phil Lloyd, cocker, Leeview and 6 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users