So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

First of the sprouts today the youngest daughter loves them fried with bacon. One plot is tidy for the winter and the other one is not :laugh: . Meant to plant my garlic today but forgot so will try and get that in next weekend

29983527211_82a6b1b57e_c.jpg

• Like 1

First of the sprouts today the youngest daughter loves them fried with bacon. One plot is tidy for the winter and the other one is not :laugh: . Meant to plant my garlic today but forgot so will try and get that in next weekend

29983527211_82a6b1b57e_c.jpg

Get the sprouts on now...and they'll be ready in time for Christmas! lol.

I'm partial to sprouts in a bit of bubble and squeak with crispy bacon and an egg on top.

dam right me too :thumbs: just heard a yell from the kitchen apparently a worm in one no pleasing some people :laugh:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Decided today to turn over one of the one ton bags of compost as per the instructions. Been putting it off as I expected a mass of weed roots but got a nice surprise. Once I scrapped the top off with the courgettes it was good stuff. Come spring then I can just throw it back on

29882360344_f94f7c8e75_c.jpg

30513058345_4068dbb047_c.jpg

capped with cardboard and bit of tin till the spring. Definitely do more of that

30476680386_efa0e1ef7d_c.jpg

bit of turning over

30513069345_bb1b2f3e9c_c.jpg

cabbages too far gone now much prefer small tender ones

29880911813_8f6592cb11_c.jpg

last of the squashes

30513418095_ac1cd61f6f_c.jpg

• Like 2

Spring cabbage tucked in for the winter

30550144092_9b70e4540d_c.jpg

another 1 ton bag of compost started. Handy way of doing things :thumbs:

30367404710_60821f95a2_c.jpg

plenty of leeks all ways handy

30666900765_603038d041_c.jpg

picked some baby beets and salsify to bring home

30367554110_4a7f1d4039_c.jpg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thats the way it is nice to get ahead of schedule weather permitting :thumbs:

I wheeled out the old girl today that I picked up last year. I was wondering how it would store but started after 3 or 4 pulls :victory:

well made that digger better than the daft old mower i got its pretty new and luck to start it next day let alone next year :lol:

picked some leeks, sprouts and big old parsnip for the potential son in law and family as well

Edited by terryd

thats the way it is nice to get ahead of schedule weather permitting :thumbs:

I wheeled out the old girl today that I picked up last year. I was wondering how it would store but started after 3 or 4 pulls :victory:

well made that digger better than the daft old mower i got its pretty new and luck to start it next day let alone next year :lol:

picked some leeks, sprouts and big old parsnip for the potential son in law and family as well

Unfortunately that's all I done lol need to get down have another session on it.

Not seen any club root, we got rats lol behind where I was standing is the dual carriageway that runs from Ross on wye to Newport , then out of camera shot is the river wye ,then to the right is the river monnow so between the river banks and the discarded food from vehicles we got plenty of the vermin. Under the old apple tree are my compost heaps ,going to get a sieve and go through them as to much soil in them and rats are living in there.