So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Birds had all my fruit,lol need to get down there,bet there's loads of apples been blown off the big tree down on my plot.

Could do with a few bags of apples in the freezer I need to have a word with the lady down the plots her tree is hanging with fruit every year.

Sweet corn seems to be good this year with decent pollination for a change

29312059565_e90b280860_c.jpg

they just need a bit more ripening

29024296040_138d470715_c.jpg

29024302570_35583347c0_c.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

You are a daft lot of boogers. How on earth do you spear spuds? Go steady from the side. Don't go straight for the plant. Easy does it guys. No rush. My worst nightmare this year is that the frigging whites laid on or near my Brussels and purple sprouting. No more of either. Good point is that having never tried outdoor tomatoes, got a good healthy crop searingly free from blight. Taste nice as well. Leeks look not to be blighted and never had a crop of either green beans or courgettes like it. Took over another plot which I plan to cover with an old marquee frame and poly. Can't believe the Council have given me the go ahead. The ide is that I grow all the early stuff from seed to everyone's benefit, and then start my own sowing. We will have to wait and see. Jok.

• Like 1

You are a pair of things. How can you rush gardening? Calm yourselves gentlemen and enjoy. At this time of year you got to remember, if it looks like a weed it is a weed , get it out. All them tap roots need deep removal and your paths cleared of bindweed and twitch. Like your posts as always. Let's get cooking.jok.

Got to admit, never seen one. The most tines I've had is 7. Wonder what it was originally for?? Anyhow they should be more careful. Lol. We spend so much time getting it right and so little time getting it wrong. I think I should be a poet or a song writer lol