• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrong!   Green tripe is the stomach meat of cow, bison, or lamb, and the greens they have eaten, all in one miracle food. The perfect combination of high quality protein and green vegetation, rich i

Don't forget to boil it first in the kitchen to get rid of all the worm cyst's..

If your not feeding your dogs whole animals, then I'll fink you'll find tripe is pretty essential if your feeding a BARF diet. Peter, I take it you don't like the smell

Posted Images

You are saying a dog can convert FAT, containing NO PROTEIN, into PROTEIN?

It just doesnt add up. I seriously arent gonna waste any time researching that because thats crazy.

I agree that there metabolism is different to ours but nothing can turn fat to protein.

Maybe you mean that dogs use fat for energy as opposed to humans who use carbohydrate as energy???

or gareth to make it sound simple fuel. atb bunnys

Dogs can use carbs for energy, but they turn fat into energy faster, and much better than humans, who do need carbs for energy. Protein is for growing and building muscle, but it is also essential for replacing muscle cells that are lost through exertion, so if you expect a fast dog to do well on a diet of carbs and fat you are mistaken. Red meat is also very good as has already been said as it contains a host of vitamins and minerals essential to good health. But if you look at the phosphorus/potassium ration they are not so good: phos. 5%, pot. 2%

This is where tripe scores well as the pot/phos ration is balanced. The whole thing about green tripe, preferably unwashed is that it also contains important trace elements, and it does contain a reasonable amount of protein: 10%, (which means a dry matter protein content of around 55%) and roughly 5% fat. The protein content, whilst much lower than in red muscle meat, is nonetheless easily absorbed by dogs, and the fact that it is a fairly acidic food means that it is easily digested by dogs, whose digestive process is quite different to that of humans.

What is important to remember when comparing raw meat and tripe with dry foods, or their dry counterparts, is that the protein content in raw food appears much lower gram for gram as there is a much higher water content in it: around 74% in muscle meat, which changes everything. Find the dry matter weight of beef( dehydrated) and it will work out very high.

Raw animal meat contains between 16 and 19% protein, so it's not massively higher in protein than tripe.

IMO, a really good raw diet contains a balanced amount of all the parts of an animal: muscle meat, bone, offal (tripe, liver etc) and should be fed in similar quantities to how it would be presented if you fed a whole carcase, with the addition of extra fat if feeding wild animals which are low in fat: essential for hard working dogs for energy, but not so necessary for sedentary pets.

• Like 2

your never serious gareth athletes have been avoiding red meat for years i should of thought a top boxer would no that it sounds like you just watched a rocky film mate do you drink 10 raw eggs in a glass as well lol steak is too heavy an athlete wants fish chicken sweet potato green veg oats how do you load your carbs and what benefit is steak or milk to any athlete milk is water platelets what use is it in an athletes diet.tripe does for a dog what steak does for a man it fills you up increases appetite meaning weight gain if your dog works daily even weekly why do you want him gaining and holding weight it's up to you how you feed gareth but your ideas are so dated

Sounds to me like your trying to bring science into things too much Peter.

I know alot of lads at the gym who body build and take there diets VERY seriously. I get in decent shape for a fight and dont take my diet to them extremes at all, I dont count calories or macros. I eat ALOT of red meat, and yes i drink my eggs in milk :thumbs:

gareth you tell me off for bringing science in then you get all scientific lol look i don't like bickering it dosent matter to me what people feed but again I say if you are a top boxer you must have a trainer and dietician I'm not saying your lieing i just don't know why anyone would advise you to go backward 20 years you eat a lot of raw meat and drink a lot of milk why ? what value had it got ? no boxer or athlete these days eats lots of steak ask around look on the net

I'm pulling out now. Skycat has put a very informative post up in response to the tripe argument.

I will continue to feed my dogs tripe as long as they look good on it. And I will continue to eat my steak and eggs as long as I do :-)

Gaz

your never serious gareth athletes have been avoiding red meat for years i should of thought a top boxer would no that it sounds like you just watched a rocky film mate do you drink 10 raw eggs in a glass as well lol steak is too heavy an athlete wants fish chicken sweet potato green veg oats how do you load your carbs and what benefit is steak or milk to any athlete milk is water platelets what use is it in an athletes diet.tripe does for a dog what steak does for a man it fills you up increases appetite meaning weight gain if your dog works daily even weekly why do you want him gaining and holding weight it's up to you how you feed gareth but your ideas are so dated

Sounds to me like your trying to bring science into things too much Peter.

I know alot of lads at the gym who body build and take there diets VERY seriously. I get in decent shape for a fight and dont take my diet to them extremes at all, I dont count calories or macros. I eat ALOT of red meat, and yes i drink my eggs in milk :thumbs:

gareth you tell me off for bringing science in then you get all scientific lol look i don't like bickering it dosent matter to me what people feed but again I say if you are a top boxer you must have a trainer and dietician I'm not saying your lieing i just don't know why anyone would advise you to go backward 20 years you eat a lot of raw meat and drink a lot of milk why ? what value had it got ? no boxer or athlete these days eats lots of steak ask around look on the net

I'm pulling out now. Skycat has put a very informative post up in response to the tripe argument.

I will continue to feed my dogs tripe as long as they look good on it. And I will continue to eat my steak and eggs as long as I do :-)

Gaz

pulling out when asked to explain the logic why boxing trainers are now telling people to go back to raw egg red meat and milk diets of 30 years ago what a coincidence lol raw tripe smells bad but bullshit smells worse lol

What's a coincidence?

What am I pulling out of?

I haven't got any logic to explain to you mucka.

I fight at a semi-professional level, I get in shape for these fights by diet and hard training.

Diet consists of oats, chicken, steak, eggs, milk, whey protein, nuts, fruit and veg.

What do you want explaining?

Bell end.

either way..to feed tripe in bulk(everyday) means feeding other dietry essentials(same with most food stuff i suppose) so to assume tripe is good then it must also assume that feeding tripe alone alone would leave your dog woefully missing out on other vital essentials that a running/working dog needs as part of healthy balanced diet. My opinion still stands though..tripe is nothing more that a belly filler and is as trampy as fcuk :thumbs::laugh:

trampy, very childish sort of talk, tripe is great food for working dogs.

What's a coincidence?

I fight at a semi-professional level, I get in shape for these fights by diet and hard training.

Diet consists of oats, chicken, steak, eggs, milk, whey protein, nuts, fruit and veg.

Bell end.

the nutritional benefits to lots of steak and milk for athletes and why it is not popular today but you still do it.id don't matter gareth I don't like arguing and childish name calling particularly wih a boxer lol tripe for working dogs steak and milk for top boxers lol whatsoever next a blankety blank check book and pen lol

What's a coincidence?

Bell end.

the nutritional benefits to lots of steak and milk for athletes and why it is not popular today but you still do it.id don't matter gareth I don't like arguing and childish name calling particularly wih a boxer lol tripe for working dogs steak and milk for top boxers lol whatsoever next a blankety blank check book and pen lol

I never said I'm a top boxer. But I do alright. Had 7 semi-pro and not lost yet.

I always make my weight and look okay so don't really see the need to change my diet and get all scientific. I'm not a pro bodybuilder counting calories and macro nutrients. I like steak and I like eggs.

Similarly my dogs look and perform well on a diet containing a fair bit of green tripe.

So why change?

I know you'd eat beef/steak..chicken..pork and such even while in training..burning question is..would you throw tripe into the mix a few times a week aswell?? I very much doubt you would because it wouldnt benefit you at all would it??..if it did...well every sports fanatic would be on it...same as for dogs imo...nowhere near as good as other meats that are readily available..just my take on it :thumbs:

If your not feeding your dogs whole animals, then I'll fink you'll find tripe is pretty essential if your feeding a BARF diet.

Peter, I take it you don't like the smell :bad::laugh:

It's each to there own isn't it.

If I won the lottery tomorrow then I would still feed my dogs the same as I do now.

I'd probably have a walk in freezer and a big industrial mincer but everything I buy would still be the same. I don't use tripe to cut costs. It's because I believe it's beneficial.

Gaz

Plenty of foxhound packs around being feed almost exclusively on tripe,look well and fly :yes:

As already been said though a varied diet prob better.

I agree with some that some people get carried away and start copying and pasting stuff they don't even under stand, Y ou should beable to see for your self what foods work for your dogs.Without reading what some scientist has written on the net,who wouldnt know a working dog if it bit him .

People saying feedings moved on dont think so think its turned full circle.

• Like 1