why do keepers hate lurchers so much

Its all about educating keepers of how versatile a good lurcher can be and showing them how handy a tool a lurcher can be most of the younger generation of keepers are coming round to keeping a lurcher ...in my area I would say there are more keepers with a lurchers than without

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couldnt agree anymore than that.. there are good AND bad in all forms of sport. I live in the valleys of lambourn, lambourn and the fenns are THE place to test any long dog to a WINTER Hare. The day

We do estates, most keepers don't mind them, and many have them, it's not the dog they have a problem with, it's usually the guy attached to it. Mind you, saying that, there are just some nasty b****

Was keeping out of this but can no longer!   WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THE f**k UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   its obvious you know not alot and have got all your info from a book or hear say. if every

I dont think most keepers are anti lurcher, I think they are anti prick.

Undoubtedly some are a bit narrow minded but then that could be said for a lot of people, but if you take the trouble to learn what the keepers job is all about, give him a bit of a hand when you can and not be on the blower pestering to run your dog the day before a large coporate day/birds just released or anyone of the other numerous things a keeper has to worry about and conducyt yourself right then you should be fine.

• Like 1

I dont think most keepers are anti lurcher, I think they are anti prick.

Undoubtedly some are a bit narrow minded but then that could be said for a lot of people, but if you take the trouble to learn what the keepers job is all about, give him a bit of a hand when you can and not be on the blower pestering to run your dog the day before a large coporate day/birds just released or anyone of the other numerous things a keeper has to worry about and conducyt yourself right then you should be fine.

Feck me! have you taken a sensible tablet?

I know two or three keepers and they certainly aren't anti lurcher - they are anti idiot tho? It's not the dogs it's the f*****g pricks at the end of the lead with their trakkies tucked into white socks and manky trainers with a limited or non existant knowledge of nothing or the roadsiders who drive wherever they want chucking bull xs out of the back of a pick up. That's the problem.

• Like 1

Alot of people is blaming all the young lads starting out, blaming them for premission not been giving out. Where did all of yous start then?

Start from the bottom and work your way up. You have to start some where.

If your. realy into iy and you enjoy it dont take the piss then why not do it ?

Alot of people is blaming all the young lads starting out, blaming them for premission not been giving out. Where did all of yous start then?

Start from the bottom and work your way up. You have to start some where.

If your. realy into iy and you enjoy it dont take the piss then why not do it ?

We've all been young once, but not all of us were young c**ts.

you only have to look at some of the posts on here at times,to find your answer.

"slashing thier tyres,chopping fences stealing ferrets.There a few keepers on here and they can read contrary to popular belief and word travels round.at the end of the day dont ask them.Just keep your head down,minimal numbers and dont damage property and they will never know you were there.

I was speaking once to a keeper about lurchers as a form of hunting, saying how good they are at rabbit+fox control.He said really there is no real reason to have them for that control, because a gun will 100% more efficient, and you dont have to worry about a dog with birds or live stock. Now when they through that at you, apart from the dogs+stock which my dogs are spot on. I suppose nothing can compare to a gun to control+kill things really. And he said with alot of lurcher owners its a sport, and most keepers are only intrested in there own sport shooting, so thats why he said most keepers dont+wont have a lurchers on there ground.!! I dont agree with what he said , but its hard to change there mind when they come up with that.? With the Ban its made it even harder to change there mind. :yes:

I was speaking once to a keeper about lurchers as a form of hunting, saying how good they are at rabbit+fox control.He said really there is no real reason to have them for that control, because a gun will 100% more efficient, and you dont have to worry about a dog with birds or live stock. Now when they through that at you, apart from the dogs+stock which my dogs are spot on. I suppose nothing can compare to a gun to control+kill things really. And he said with alot of lurcher owners its a sport, and most keepers are only intrested in there own sport shooting, so thats why he said most keepers dont+wont have a lurchers on there ground.!! I dont agree with what he said , but its hard to change there mind when they come up with that.? With the Ban its made it even harder to change there mind. :yes:

That's the thing here mate, it's a privilege for them to 'give' you the chance to dog game they could mop up double quick with a rifle and night vision.

We do estates, most keepers don't mind them, and many have them, it's not the dog they have a problem with, it's usually the guy attached to it. Mind you, saying that, there are just some nasty b*****ds about.

Dead right I know some so called keepers that are total wankers think they are god and everyone else is shite on their shoes no matter who you are

yes plenty of them twats round my way

Totally agree Bird though a lot of keepers pre ban were quik enough to give courseing permision for a back hander to top up their wages now with the ban it wouldent be worth the risk.

That's the thing here mate, it's a privilege for them to 'give' you the chance to dog game they could mop up double quick with a rifle and night vision.

spot on :thumbs: , it really is a up hill battle dog against gun in there eyes :wallbash:

Totally agree Bird though a lot of keepers pre ban were quik enough to give courseing permision for a back hander to top up their wages now with the ban it wouldent be worth the risk.

true Dell, every thing stacked against us :thumbdown: