• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My custom bad boy     I'm saving up for a scope.  

My Webley Raider 10 shot, .22 (Real Mans Calibre), 3-9x50 and a swift precision moderator.     Richard

There's an old (but nice) Mk1 Webley Hawk on it's way to me! They're not powerful by any stretch of the imagination and most have elongated crosspin holes at the rear of the cylinder with people

Posted Images

10 hours ago, stealthy1 said:

I'd rather go shooting with a mastic gun, that is ugly. :bad:

Each to their own mate... I use it for pest control not to put on a wall as a showpiece and scared not  to use it incase its gets dirty...

• 6 months later...

There's an old (but nice) Mk1 Webley Hawk on it's way to me!

They're not powerful by any stretch of the imagination and most have elongated crosspin holes at the rear of the cylinder with people trying to up the power with ox springs, The walls of the cylinder are fairly thin and the pressure on an overpowered spring makes the holes oval, I've never heard of a cylinder letting go but have seen some so bad that I daren't shoulder them in case I lost an eye!!

This one is fine, It's had a conversion to the piston head and has an O ring seal now rather than the ptfe/Plastic seals!, I believe the same mainspring was reinstalled, It does a headspinning 6.4ft lbs ?

It has a couple of scraped in the lacqer in the stock which I intend trying to cover with my stock touch up pens..

TazNU1W.jpg 

8M4k40k.jpg

LIlmrDf.jpg

AGKtx2B.jpg

I traded a BSA Scorpion pistol for it ?

John ?

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just when I decided I wasn't buying any more guns, My mate phoned up- He always knew I admired this Anschutz mod 250 Match so I brought it home with me!!

It had been on his wardrobe since the late 90's when he bought it! but it turned out that the seals in the damper unit had perished and the Dexron ATT fluid had wept out!, I have to order the seals when I get the chance as it will damage the gun badly if used!

uUhaeW3.jpg

Ofhy32i.jpg

Apparently, The Anschutz aperture sight that came on the gun was plastic, This one is all metal and came off an Annie Rimfire, Much more solid ?

I really don't recall shouldering an airgun as heavy as this lump!! It's a beautiful piece of engineering though! ?

I also have a Walther LG55t that's a  10 metre match rifle (Although the Tyrolean stocks were banned fairly sharpish), It's much easier to shoot than the heavyweight Annie!!

JJ7kuZW.jpg

John ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, johnbaz said:

Just when I decided I wasn't buying any more guns, My mate phoned up- He always knew I admired this Anschutz mod 250 Match so I brought it home with me!!

It had been on his wardrobe since the late 90's when he bought it! but it turned out that the seals in the damper unit had perished and the Dexron ATT fluid had wept out!, I have to order the seals when I get the chance as it will damage the gun badly if used!

uUhaeW3.jpg

Ofhy32i.jpg

Apparently, The Anschutz aperture sight that came on the gun was plastic, This one is all metal and came off an Annie Rimfire, Much more solid ?

I really don't recall shouldering an airgun as heavy as this lump!! It's a beautiful piece of engineering though! ?

I also have a Walther LG55t that's a  10 metre match rifle (Although the Tyrolean stocks were banned fairly sharpish), It's much easier to shoot than the heavyweight Annie!!

JJ7kuZW.jpg

John ?

I used to shoot with a chap who had an anschutz 250 back in the late seventies/early eighties. I thought it was lovely to shoot, but out of my price range at the time. I’m liking the lg55t John, that’s a beauty. That or hw55 is an air rifle I’d buy at the right price. I do know where there’s an hw55t for sale, or at least it was last time I went, but they want about £550 for it I think. I thought that was a bit on the dear side, but I may be wrong? It has been known, occasionally ??

On 19/05/2021 at 20:11, Dervburner said:

I used to shoot with a chap who had an anschutz 250 back in the late seventies/early eighties. I thought it was lovely to shoot, but out of my price range at the time. I’m liking the lg55t John, that’s a beauty. That or hw55 is an air rifle I’d buy at the right price. I do know where there’s an hw55t for sale, or at least it was last time I went, but they want about £550 for it I think. I thought that was a bit on the dear side, but I may be wrong? It has been known, occasionally ??

Is the chap called David?, It's a coincidence but I have a friend inWales that was selling his HW55t (Think it's gone now though)

Just looked through my messages, He wanted £500 for the HW55 with the correct aperture sight apparently, He sold it though ?

John ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, johnbaz said:

Is the chap called David?, It's a coincidence but I have a friend inWales that was selling his HW55t (Think it's gone now though)

Just looked through my messages, He wanted £500 for the HW55 with the correct aperture sight apparently, He sold it though ?

John ?

Not in Wales John, Arnold.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I bought a couple more!

I fell for this Webley mk3 when my mate showed it to me and asked for first refusal if he ever decided to shift it on!

.177" cal, Factory fitted Parker Hale PH16m aperture sights and the stock was reworked by the late Don Robinson of Halifax!

I threw a few pellets downrange on monday, It really whacks those targets!!
OHJ0e4a.jpg

eTfEZfE.jpg

4c5u9SD.jpg

qrLR7YM.jpg

BGFh9M5.jpg

Also acquired this Cadet Major from the same mate, I refinished the stock a few years ago for him!

pQCDT2p.jpg

John 

10 hours ago, johnbaz said:

I bought a couple more!

I fell for this Webley mk3 when my mate showed it to me and asked for first refusal if he ever decided to shift it on!

.177" cal, Factory fitted Parker Hale PH16m aperture sights and the stock was reworked by the late Don Robinson of Halifax!

I threw a few pellets downrange on monday, It really whacks those targets!!
OHJ0e4a.jpg

eTfEZfE.jpg

4c5u9SD.jpg

qrLR7YM.jpg

BGFh9M5.jpg

Also acquired this Cadet Major from the same mate, I refinished the stock a few years ago for him!

pQCDT2p.jpg

John 

That mk3 

is a beauty John, unusual having the target sights and a standard rear sight, never seen that before on a mk3. The cadets always remind me of the fairground when I was a young lad??

Edited by Dervburner
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Dervburner said:

That mk3 

is a beauty John, unusual having the target sights and a standard rear sight, never seen that before on a mk3. The cadets always remind me of the fairground when I was a young lad??

I looked in my Thrale book of Webley rifles and there's a pic of one the same (Without the stock mods!), The one in the book says it's a Supertarget but mine doesn't say Supertarget on the cylinder, Just the normal stuff that's pressed in to the steel!

I was told that the mk3 could be specially ordered back in the day with Parker Hale target sights as an extra, I presume this was the case with mine ?

Cheers, John ?

• Like 1