Lightforce or Cluson

Im after a lamp, I have looked at both Cluson & Lightforce locally....The man in the shop said both where as good as each other, But Im not sure, I liked the dip switch on the Cluson, I know this can be obtained on the Lightforce with the dimmer, But its more expensive, I feel that the Lightforce is a better lamp all round, But again...Im not sure, But I know people on here will have experience of both, Any advice? The overall price difference isnt massive

i have a use both brands of lamp.......the cluson has by far the best build quality and is far more handy to keep concealed...the beam is wider than any of the liteforce range

the lightforce beam is by far the tightest i have used..the quality of the lamp is bloody awfull.the wireing and switch are unbelevably terrible......

if you are just running your dog in smal to medium sized fields you wont go far wrong with the cluson.cb2.....

for larger fields and the odd 150 yard fox with the rifle i use a light force 140 with dimmer

if im lamping from a vehicle i always use a light force 170

i have a liteforce 170 and have the same problem with battery drain i get bout an hour on a 12v 7a!!!! been looking into another lamp the cluson looks the part apart from the spread on it.............does any one know where i can get a coleman lamp??? they seem to be like rocky horse sh*t to find

:signthankspin::drinks::big_boss:

HH

I HAVE A 170 AND THE BATTERY PACK IS 12V 7AH IT LASTS ME NO TIME LIKE A HALF AN HOUR,THAT IS TURING IT ON AND OFF AS WELL,WHAT PACK WOULD BE BETTER TO USE WITH THAT LIGHT :blink:

I use a 12v 17amp mobility scooter battery lasts all nite mate.

I HAVE A 170 AND THE BATTERY PACK IS 12V 7AH IT LASTS ME NO TIME LIKE A HALF AN HOUR,THAT IS TURING IT ON AND OFF AS WELL,WHAT PACK WOULD BE BETTER TO USE WITH THAT LIGHT :blink:

I use 2, 9vpacks on a belt that does me all night.

i have a use both brands of lamp.......the cluson has by far the best build quality and is far more handy to keep concealed...the beam is wider than any of the liteforce range

the lightforce beam is by far the tightest i have used..the quality of the lamp is bloody awfull.the wireing and switch are unbelevably terrible......

if you are just running your dog in smal to medium sized fields you wont go far wrong with the cluson.cb2.....

for larger fields and the odd 150 yard fox with the rifle i use a light force 140 with dimmer

if im lamping from a vehicle i always use a light force 170

I agree the Cluson are more robustly made The light force beam is ok but their connections are crap.I like the walking light on the Cluson its very handy for gates and picking up stuff etc you can get a dimmer on the more recent Light force but its extra money, for what should be standard ,IMO.

I've been out with both. The beams on the lightforce lamps seem to be the better, but the build quality on them leaves a lot to be desired.

Many a time I've been out with my mate & his striker, shooting & running the dog, only for him to be lining up a shot, then sudden darkness!

The usual cry then is, 'Arrggh! It's gone again! Chuck me the electrical tape!' :laugh:

My other mates lazerlite isn't too shabby mind you, and it seems to be built of sterner stuff, and I like the gate light on it. If I was to buy one myself, I'd go for the cluson, it's plenty good enough for the fields round where I am. ;)