foxhound x greyhound

i was wondering if anyone has ever seen or had one of these xs i would of thought they would be ok should have nice speed and stamina, i was thinking about doing this x but i was also thinking they might all give tongue whilst lamping thats the only thing holding me back

cheers fenman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a welshhound x bullgrey - dog was awesome - immense jaw power - he smashed all quarry to bits ! he never gave tongue whilst chasing or never hunted up on lamp - but say he ran a hare into a wood he would push it out again - i wish i could get another one like him - more people should use this cross

if the scent is good you will lose your dog it only has to smell a fox from miles away and its gone stick to the colie xs bull xs etc

i have a bullx hes young still but he will not be for rabbits and i got a 3/4whippet 1/4 greyhound hes good on the lamp does what i ask of him but no stamina 15 to 20 runs is all he has in him

thanks anyway

i personally think they would be too big and heavy for serious lurcher work. dont know too much about fox hounds but i see some at a country show last year and they was big old dogs. how much do they weight?? they seem to have big chunky feet, legs and head, much larger than your adverage base blood used in most lurcher x's. would like to see some pics though. cheers.

i was wondering if anyone has ever seen or had one of these xs i would of thought they would be ok should have nice speed and stamina, i was thinking about doing this x but i was also thinking they might all give tongue whilst lamping thats the only thing holding me back

cheers fenman

try the book REBECCA THE LURCHER by i think simpson :hmm: that dog was a foxhound cross :thumbs:

if you get to talk to the man i mentioned [bANNED TEXT] i pm u his late freind allan flaunders r i p had one in the seventis [bANNED TEXT] the salukis wer not very popualar afew bred them to create courseing dogs obviously for the stamina but with the first crosses too clody and all courseing was rareley with permision they wer a bit vocal i believe the dog allans dog was on an episode of out of town jack hargreaves lambourne lurcher show

a fella that used to hunt with me had a half grey half foxhound and what a tool it was a white dog with brindle patches about 27tts he was no flying machine but boy could he stay with a fox he was definalty some tool at them when he was in his prime he cleaned up 52 foxes on his own day and night in one season i dont know what the hunting is like where all you men come from but where i come from thats some shout for one dog :clapper::clapper: only bad thing was he never produced anything as a sire

I judged several of a strain of FoxhoundX GreyhoundxDeerhoundXGreyhound in Northern Ireland infact gave 1 BiS realy impressive dogs, used on daytime hares with law,but as would be expected a lot of litter wastage to get the right ones

Y.I.S Leeview

thanks for the replys they seem to be ok from what iv heard, im going to do this x just gonna wait for the right greyhound to come up

good luck dont let anybody tell u not to we all have to learn by our own mistakes it's part of life and the long apprentiship of hunting which last's all your life