Ferreters are no better than Badger Baiters

Ask them if they are vegetarians?

If they eat meat, have they ever killed their own food??

If not then they are hypocrits and at least you are a honest person rather than a hypocrit like them...

Try it and watch them think.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you sound as ignorant as the anti's,baiting is the setting against each other 2 or more animals in a fighting match.Digging be it rabbits,foxes or badgers(some country's it's legal)is the releasing of a ferret or terrier to ground in order to bottle up the chosen quarry so you can dig down to it then either humanly kill it or bag it for release somewhere else.No way saying i'm into it but it's only a simular law that made it illigal as the hunting act made hare coursing illigal and most of us say feck that!,many would give badger digging a go if it were made legal again to control these pests.Most of us kill for fun as we don't have to hunt to eat and very few of us do it for a living,no difference in killing rats or badgers for sport,a life is a life,just don't prolong the ending of it's life.Don't get me wrong i hunt for fun as with most of you hunting is a thing that runs in our blood,a thing or urge that comes calling on a windy night or a frosty morning or when conditions are right a trigger is pulled within us and we just have to drop everything and go out,it's the feeling that makes us dig that 10 foot hole to a dog or ferret,keeps us in the hide when all the birds are away over the fields or standing in the rain and wind on the sea shore waiting for the evening flight.The thrill of the hunt,thats why i do it and i'm sure it's why you all do it,shouldn't slag folks off for hunting a different prey.Baiting is a shite sport!!!.

I always liked the thought of the country squire ferreter! But now these townies have made me out to be a right lout.

Ask them round for a meal & give them bunny caserole , dont see why you should have to explain to folks what you do.

There was a big discussion today at work about recent arrests in this area over Badger Baiting, when a lady I work with and a few others declared that I was no better than a badger baiter chasing rabbits with ferrets and It has pissed me off to say the least...Im now starting to doubt my own sport...This isnt right, surely us ferreters are sportsmen compared to these hooligans who dig badgers? I do hope people in general have a better opinion of us than thinking we are like Badger Baiters

Problem is, working badgers to dogs, and badger baiting are two different things. Badger digging was once a legitimate and effective form of pest control. Nowadays it's all lumped together as baiting, even if no actual baiting takes place.

The badger was dug to and dispatched as quickly and as humanely as possible, much the same way foxes are today.

The definition of baiting can be found: HERE

You'd be in the same category if you put a live rabbit into a cage with 2 or 3 ferrets, with no means of escape.

Problem is, there's no explaining this to somebody with a closed mind, who isn't open or interested to hear you side of the argument.

I'd just ignore the ignorant bitch myself, and not worry about doing what you enjoy. :thumbs:

My favorite answer to that kind of Pratt is , Ask what they eat ,What ever the answer is ask do you kill it first? And then look at their feet and say are they (shoes) real leather ?say someone killed a cow so that you could wear those.Say no more walk away and don't let them bate you.P1

Few oy mates are narrow minded aswell, so i just throw facts at them. Then there stumped. As a matter of a fact i had a heated arguement the other week, afterwards he asked if he could tag along one day....strange world.

???? did you take them up on there offer i would then they would have see both sides of there arguments then if they still are against you f :censored::censored: k them :D

There was a big discussion today at work about recent arrests in this area over Badger Baiting, when a lady I work with and a few others declared that I was no better than a badger baiter chasing rabbits with ferrets and It has pissed me off to say the least...Im now starting to doubt my own sport...This isnt right, surely us ferreters are sportsmen compared to these hooligans who dig badgers? I do hope people in general have a better opinion of us than thinking we are like Badger Baiters

dont take no notice,i had the same thing off a so called friend,because i hunt foxes with beagles and do a lot of ferreting he was giving me a bit off stick.but when i mentioned what he was doing, which was rearing chickens in a shed without seeing daylight and not much room to move about , and earning 23000 pound a year doing it he didnt like that, but it shut him up he also bought a cottage named the foxhunters cottage which he tried to change the name on but was turned down. what i am saying, its alright if they are doing it ,but its not for you.

There has been alot of "townies" moving to the countryside and one of the downsides of this is thst they bring with it their narrow minded views. All they see is cute little bunnies, foxes etc etc and believe that everything in nature has a right to live. What they do not see is the destruction that these animals actually do. How many people realise that if the bunny population was left unchecked then due to the damage they inflict on cereal crops the price of bread, flour and breakfast cereals to name a few would go up. Foxes carry sarcoptic mange which can be passed on to their dogs resulting in huge vet bills. Would they view reynard in the same light? I'm afraid that I have little time for narrow minded people. I have had many arguments with these type of people and realise that no matter how hard you try to educate them they still only believe what they see on television.

Few oy mates are narrow minded aswell, so i just throw facts at them. Then there stumped. As a matter of a fact i had a heated arguement the other week, afterwards he asked if he could tag along one day....strange world.

???? did you take them up on there offer i would then they would have see both sides of there arguments then if they still are against you f :censored::censored: k them :D

yep i did, took him on sunday. He enjoyed it as much as me. was fun, first time i went out on my own, well without the bloke whos teaching me all about the sport. we had a good day. caught 4, lost 2 and seen a black one (first one i've ever seen). Am cooking him a stew tomorrow night aswell.

I ve had all sorts shouted at me whilst out ferreting. Ive had anti`s trying to take my gear and trying to get the terrier to go to em i just started to swing the shovel and they soon buggered of. I ve had a walker phone the police and tell em i was badger baiting and i had the copper chopper and coppers stop me from ferreting and prove what i was doing but i was nt doing anything wrong so i did nt give a s##t. Dont let them get to you mate ask them to go out with you and see what happens for them selfs. :D

thats just the way if everyone seen it our way our sport would be over run and quality permission is hard to get now, so let them be on with their opinion cos opinions are like arse holes ...everyone has one... so let them think what they like and be content in the knowledge of how enjoyable what we do is...and they dont know what they are missing out on. but dont try and educate the f :angel: kers

all the best and keep up the fight....

Some of you sound as ignorant as the anti's,baiting is the setting against each other 2 or more animals in a fighting match.Digging be it rabbits,foxes or badgers(some country's it's legal)is the releasing of a ferret or terrier to ground in order to bottle up the chosen quarry so you can dig down to it then either humanly kill it or bag it for release somewhere else.No way saying i'm into it but it's only a simular law that made it illigal as the hunting act made hare coursing illigal and most of us say feck that!,many would give badger digging a go if it were made legal again to control these pests.Most of us kill for fun as we don't have to hunt to eat and very few of us do it for a living,no difference in killing rats or badgers for sport,a life is a life,just don't prolong the ending of it's life.Don't get me wrong i hunt for fun as with most of you hunting is a thing that runs in our blood,a thing or urge that comes calling on a windy night or a frosty morning or when conditions are right a trigger is pulled within us and we just have to drop everything and go out,it's the feeling that makes us dig that 10 foot hole to a dog or ferret,keeps us in the hide when all the birds are away over the fields or standing in the rain and wind on the sea shore waiting for the evening flight.The thrill of the hunt,thats why i do it and i'm sure it's why you all do it,shouldn't slag folks off for hunting a different prey.Baiting is a shite sport!!!.
:clapper::clapper::clapper: couldent agree more mate weather you dig/ ferret /shoot or fish we shouldent knock another mans sport .hunting is hunting and we should all stick together as one :thumbs: