Ferreters are no better than Badger Baiters

There was a big discussion today at work about recent arrests in this area over Badger Baiting, when a lady I work with and a few others declared that I was no better than a badger baiter chasing rabbits with ferrets and It has pissed me off to say the least...Im now starting to doubt my own sport...This isnt right, surely us ferreters are sportsmen compared to these hooligans who dig badgers? I do hope people in general have a better opinion of us than thinking we are like Badger Baiters

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can thank the media for that one its so bias towards us and these daft folk believe everything they read in the paper and sit glued to the telly they dont know what really happens in the world

It's not an uncommon opinion unfortunately.

A member of my family recently declared me a f**king sicko because I. . .

1. Shoot rabbits

2. Would rather be out (on rabbit) with ferrets and dogs (which is infinitely worse than shooting since the dogs (according to the ignorant) rip rabbits to pieces... and all rabbits are pets).

It doesn't make me doubt what I do.. just makes me realise what clowns these people are.

There was a big discussion today at work about recent arrests in this area over Badger Baiting, when a lady I work with and a few others declared that I was no better than a badger baiter chasing rabbits with ferrets and It has pissed me off to say the least...Im now starting to doubt my own sport...This isnt right, surely us ferreters are sportsmen compared to these hooligans who dig badgers? I do hope people in general have a better opinion of us than thinking we are like Badger Baiters

Its got fu.. all to do with anyone else, it what you love doing,if joe puplic had there way,we would be over run with all sorts of vermin,be proud of what you do,and fight back

Thankfully i havnt yet found myself in the position where i need to defend my own actions.

The bottom line is that my dogs and ferrets need to eat...they happen to eat rabbits .

Ignorance is not always bliss and no excuse for spouting on about something which is obviously not understood

There are times in life when people simply do not want to listen to the voice of reason and so when this happens the only thing to do is walk away

:clapper:

tell the lady in question that as well as rabbit baiting as a ferreter you sometimes indulge in a bit of beaver baiting lol keep those ferrets working