SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lovely looking dogs folks may i ask is there anything i need to know before getting one as my first terrier

I have 3 Patterdales. Two of them are easy going though are kept outside in kennels and one of them is an absolute liability. Game as f**k and won't think twice about trying to take another dog out the game if he wishes. He was bitten by a Cane Corso when he was a pup which may have had something to do with it. Socialize it socialize it and socialize it. Pain in the arse having to keep him on the lead all the time and having a dog who will take try and take your mates dog out by hanging off its throat is somewhat frowned upon. I keep the psycho on a lead 90% of the time and the other 10 I watch him like a hawk and make sure nobody is in a square mile (exageration)

lovely looking dogs folks may i ask is there anything i need to know before getting one as my first terrier

I have 3 Patterdales. Two of them are easy going though are kept outside in kennels and one of them is an absolute liability. Game as f**k and won't think twice about trying to take another dog out the game if he wishes. He was bitten by a Cane Corso when he was a pup which may have had something to do with it. Socialize it socialize it and socialize it. Pain in the arse having to keep him on the lead all the time and having a dog who will take try and take your mates dog out by hanging off its throat is somewhat frowned upon. I keep the psycho on a lead 90% of the time and the other 10 I watch him like a hawk and make sure nobody is in a square mile (exageration)

Great stuff ,you must be proud to have an idiot of a terrier. Most terriermen don't, so if you don't want everyone knowing or thinking you're an anti just take a step back.

• Like 6

wow! How you come up with assumption from what i just said is beyond me. Don't stereotype me as a 'terrierman' and expect me to follow suit of what a 'terrierman' should be and how one should act. All I'm saying is 1 out of 3 I have is a nightmare. The other 2 are sound. You wanted to know about them? Where did I say I was proud? Believe me I am not proud he is a liability. Don't ask for advic and then shoot someone down for trying to help you by shining some light on my experience with the breed. How the f**k does that make me sound like an 'anti'? Wtf is wrong with people

wow! How you come up with assumption from what i just said is beyond me. Don't stereotype me as a 'terrierman' and expect me to follow suit of what a 'terrierman' should be and how one should act. All I'm saying is 1 out of 3 I have is a nightmare. The other 2 are sound. You wanted to know about them? Where did I say I was proud? Believe me I am not proud he is a liability. Don't ask for advic and then shoot someone down for trying to help you by shining some light on my experience with the breed. How the f**k does that make me sound like an 'anti'? Wtf is wrong with people

Apologies was aimed at the wrong person. My bad

Edited by Who let the dogs out!

you have to keep that type of dog on a lead .even if it doesn't attack dogs , people or livestock . easy to lose and lot of danger roads , etc. I borrowed two little dogs once and one spooked a horse and was hanging on its tail . and taken about. How wasn't injured or nothing was fortunate. Dog just had no fear of size or nothing

you have to keep that type of dog on a lead .even if it doesn't attack dogs , people or livestock . easy to lose and lot of danger roads , etc. I borrowed two little dogs once and one spooked a horse and was hanging on its tail . and taken about. How wasn't injured or nothing was fortunate. Dog just had no fear of size or nothing

Yea I know what you mean I've had my fair share of nightmare moments myself. You live and you learn. I just like to take them out the way and burn of some energy. Nose down arse up.

• Like 1

Pabs I had a similar incident a long time ago, I was checking an earth in under a hedge at the side of a field, I didnt see the horses at first, when they came up to me the dog came out at the same time, the dog ran after one of the horses, it bolted with the dog in chase and gave a kick out at the dog and caught the dog clean in the head, down he went I thought he was dead I ran over to him and picked him up in my arms limp as a rag, he came around halfway across the field so put him on the lead when the horses came over again he was screaming to get at them again. Thats terriers for you!!!

Pabs I had a similar incident a long time ago, I was checking an earth in under a hedge at the side of a field, I didnt see the horses at first, when they came up to me the dog came out at the same time, the dog ran after one of the horses, it bolted with the dog in chase and gave a kick out at the dog and caught the dog clean in the head, down he went I thought he was dead I ran over to him and picked him up in my arms limp as a rag, he came around halfway across the field so put him on the lead when the horses came over again he was screaming to get at them again. Thats terriers for you!!!

My girlfriend has horses and a girl off her farm decided to go on a hack down the lanes on her horse with her dog running down the side of them. The horse got spooked and kicked the dog stone dead. The girl was heartbroken and couldn't face her horse for weeks. Lucky to come out alive after a horse kick.

My girlfriend has horses and a girl off her farm decided to go on a hack down the lanes on her horse with her dog running down the side of them. The horse got spooked and kicked the dog stone dead. The girl was heartbroken and couldn't face her horse for weeks. Lucky to come out alive after a horse kick.
jees, I was lucky the horse was kicking ,stamping at will and didn't connect . dog wasn't frightened and sounds like yours apache was tough and lucky with the consequence

jees, I was lucky the horse was kicking ,stamping at will and didn't connect . dog wasn't frightened and sounds like yours apache was tough and lucky with the consequence

They wouldn't shy away from a T Rex mate. Wired up to not give a f**k.

• Like 1