squirrel wars

There is no right or wrong way of doing it as long as the method chosen is legal. I very often run mine into a Kania 2000 trap if I have a spare in the van, no hassle, blood and very quick every time. The squirrel runs straight into the Kania without hesitation.

sqk1.jpg

sqk2.jpg

sqk3.jpg

sqk4.jpg

sqk5.jpg

Some people may not like it but it works for me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used both priest and airgun/pistol for despatch but are happier when using the airpistol,i read on another forum it was a .22 rimfire with shot cartridges but i,m not sure if it was!

I liked the idea of a fenn in box obviously far cheaper to run on a large scale than a load of Kanias but a little more thought needed on the principle of how a fenn works as previously stated,maybe another shelf at the correct hieght above the trap with a appropriate size hole cut in it,perhaps two & half inch diameter???

I liked Pauls passion for his work and his manner made me chuckle at times but i,m sure we all know how a tv documentory can make anybody look after hours of editing.Good on yer Paul keep it up. :gunsmilie:

gUYS, NOT BEING FUNNY, FORGET THE WAY HE DESPATCHES THEM, HE'S FIRING UP INTO TREE'S WITH A FECKING RIMFIRE!!!!!(WITH A POTENTIAL MISS AND 2.5 MILES LATER, ......DEATH TO SOMETHING) THATS JUST FLAMIN RECKLESS. ANYBODY NOTICE THIS? NOT TO MENTION THE HUGE RISK WITH .22LR OF RECOCHETTE?!(I ASSUME. A 22LR AS A .27HNR IS QUITE LOUD FOR THAT SORT OF PEST CONTROL

JEEZ ,

I THINK YOU FELLAS BETTER RE - READ SNAREMANS POST ............... ANOTHER KNOW IT ALL IN THE MAKING IT SEEMS !

OVER THE 30 ODD YRS I VE BEEN INVOLVED IN FIELDSPORTS IT STILL AMAZES ME HOW MANY LADS WHO SHOULD BE SITTING BACK AND LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE .... TRY ..... TO BECOME SOME SORT OF SVENGALI :blink:

A GOOD MATE OF MINE DESCRIBES IT AS THE ........... " FULL TO THE TOP WITH THE LID ON " ............ SYNDROME

AS GOOD A DESCRIPTION AS ANY I FEEL .......

DUCKWING

regarding the air rifle/air pistiol thing, the crossman ratcatcher, that you take the skelton stock off is classed as a rifle , but is as small and handy as a pistol , an ideal weapon for killing in the cage , if thats your prefered method.

regarding the air rifle/air pistiol thing, the crossman ratcatcher, that you take the skelton stock off is classed as a rifle , but is as small and handy as a pistol , an ideal weapon for killing in the cage , if thats your prefered method.

not being funny but has a post or to been taken of here ore iv had to much red :blink:

I had a look at this the other week but didn't have the time to put up a post then.

I agree with Matt, in normal circumstances with a Fenn trap when the quary is walking across the trigger plate a roof is needed to keep the target animal in the jaws of the trap. The method used on this programme appeared to be that the squirrels went in to the trap head first, It being at the bottom of an open topped box. Now I know you should not believe everything you see on TV but it looked to me that this method was fairly effective. Has anyone used this method themselves and if so is it as effective as it looks. How are the boxes made and is it legal? Thoughts anyone?

All the best

AF