Foxes for human consumption!

Hi All - Talking to someone today whose friend claims to sell foxes he shoots to a local Chinese family for their consumption. Apparently he gets £40 for each carcass as they are considered a real delicacy in China. I have no reason the truth of this but do find it a bit hard to swallow (pardon the pun). Anyone else heard of this??

S

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading your post title, my first thought was,

"have you been to my local take away" :icon_eek:

Cant say i have come across it for fact, but i have heard allsorts of rhumors and speculation.

I mean who knows what is actually in your sweet and sour special?? :hmm::hmm:

Most omniverous race on the planet,seen them eat some bizzare dishes in the past,civet cat was quite expensive over there,and we used to live near a snake-soup restaurant with tight-weave wire-mesh baskets of cobras stacked outside on the pavement each day,wouldnt discount it,but I know lots of chinese living here in the UK,several of whom are restauranteurs,and cant imagine them paying £40 for a fox,but stranger things have happened :blink:

Who knows, but I've not come accross it before, can't help thinking at £40 a fox I'd have heard something...hell.... that's more than I get for a Roe...looks like I'm going to have to pop round to a few of the local chinese and see if we can work out a deal!! :thumbs:

The chinese are known for their wide diet, and they do eat a variety of carnivore parts in china!

I once spoke to a "wild...ish" man while hiking near torridon, like greengrass but he had a sense of the insane about him. I am sure he was poaching, suffice to say he said he was after foxes and that if he got a young one he usually ate them.

Remember that unlike other forums these are opensource searchable.

Well, i think this is a bit of a 'Chinese' whisper.. i've spoken to my best friend who's Chinese, he says, 'although the chinese appear to eat anything, Fox are definately off the Menu'... I asked him why?....his reply, 'coz they STINK!'

aint this one of the reasons we shoot foxes? coz they STINK! :victory: