What u guys feeding ur dogs?? i have been giving min mince meat with mixer which he loves i have also given him rabbits skinned and gutted he loves them and doesnt last long is it ok to feed him raw rabbit whole?? also i have given him pigeon breast whch he loves is this safe for him and how often and what amounts you guys feeding ur dogs.

i want the pup to be up to scratch fighting fit any help be greatly appriciated

i give my 2 pups 1/4 pint lactol powderd milk twice a day plus 3 good meals of home made stew,

with all the veg, barley with liver, pork cuts and minced beef ..they love it

and are realy comming on.

cheers lofti :thumbs:

What u guys feeding ur dogs?? i have been giving min mince meat with mixer which he loves i have also given him rabbits skinned and gutted he loves them and doesnt last long is it ok to feed him raw rabbit whole?? also i have given him pigeon breast whch he loves is this safe for him and how often and what amounts you guys feeding ur dogs.

Raw rabbit ,skinned and gutted after 3 weeks in the freezer to kill off any tapeworm cysts. pilchards in tomato sauce ,cooked rabbit giblets,breast of lamb ,[raw],raw bones,eggs,par boiled,chicken carcases[ raw,]any left over vegetables except onions [a no ,no for dogs]mince[raw].I supplement this with cod liver oil caps ,yeast tablets,and vitamin E caps for dogs in the hunting season.Inan.

Aye up ark....!!!! are you getting your mince from bucknall...? ok their decent price, i mix a complete food in with mine and make a stew with it a couple of times a week with veg, garlic, and such like..

no harm gutted rabbit, just means more regular worming..

Yis Mars...

Aye up ark....!!!! are you getting your mince from bucknall...? ok their decent price, i mix a complete food in with mine and make a stew with it a couple of times a week with veg, garlic, and such like..

no harm gutted rabbit, just means more regular worming..

Yis Mars...

hi mate no havnt got round to finding that place u mentioned in bucknall although now i have my seperate freezer i need to find it so can stock up.. the mother took in upon herself to buy and cook up the mince from the supermarket i just go fetch it from her..

i wasnt awear of the rabbits being a problem with the worms ect so good advise cause he loves a rabbit to chomp on

cheers

alreet bud i had a litter ov 11 pup`s and fed them on rabbit boiled every day since they were 3 weeks and a raw 1 once a week worm them every two weeks and they have turned out little beltas havent had any problems was worried about little bones gettin stuck in throat but pups havent had any stuck yet fingers crossed

atb.........................lb

Rabbit is good stuff but on it's own may not give enough fat etc to the diet. The best way is to feed a varied diet as pos to give a wide variety of nutrients for growth + vitamins and minerals in a natural way as they are absorbed better than through suppliments.

Raw rabbit ,skinned and gutted after 3 weeks in the freezer to kill off any tapeworm cysts. pilchards in tomato sauce ,cooked rabbit giblets,breast of lamb ,[raw],raw bones,eggs,par boiled,chicken carcases[ raw,]any left over vegetables except onions [a no ,no for dogs]mince[raw].I supplement this with cod liver oil caps ,yeast tablets,and vitamin E caps for dogs in the hunting season.Inan.

this is very similar to what we give and is a very good diet i reccommened this maybe a little garlic would be good and i agree about keeping the meat in the freezer to kill any little bugs,i knew of a freinds boxer died from eating fresh mince but it is very rare though cant rtemnember exactly what it was

Mine is 11 months. I got her at 10 weeks and put her straight onto a raw diet. Tripe, minced chicken, rabbit, beef and lamb, butcher scraps, eggs, chicken wings, pilchards in tomato sauce, left over veg (I've got three kids, there's always left over veg :laugh:). I give her big bones for chewing on to keep her teeth clean. I've found the tripe VERY useful in keeping her weight up. I used to suppliement with cod liver caps as well, but now I buy minced salmon and mix that in with her food twice a week. For a while I did occassionally give her a meal of complete food but I've cut that out now. She's doing very well, fit, alert and healthy. I worm her regularly as well, but that goes without saying :thumbs: