dog coming off

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gave a lakie dog to a mate about four year ago now ,the dog was bang on and had never let me down once ,after the lad had about ten digs with him he phoned me one morning pissed off saying he had just come off his quarry, after having a good face full ,and wasnt happy with the dog ,he said the dig was about 7 ft and they had dug about five ,itold him he probebly killed it ,and to finish the dig to see ,anyway fox was there dead right under dig , just wandering how many people would finish the dig to see if the dog has done right or would they have shook there head ,and got rid of dog ,the dogs still going strong to this day :tongue2:

i got my first terrier given to me for the same reason.

• 11 months later...

i gave a lakie dog to a mate about four year ago now ,the dog was bang on and had never let me down once ,after the lad had about ten digs with him he phoned me one morning pissed off saying he had just come off his quarry, after having a good face full ,and wasnt happy with the dog ,he said the dig was about 7 ft and they had dug about five ,itold him he probebly killed it ,and to finish the dig to see ,anyway fox was there dead right under dig , just wandering how many people would finish the dig to see if the dog has done right or would they have shook there head ,and got rid of dog ,the dogs still going strong to this day :tongue2:

if he was going to leave the dog cos of a big dig he may as well pack up at end of day the dog olny doing whot it be tran to do i wood never leave my dog or any dog i was out working if it was a 15 foot dig i wood dig it. It the sport to dig down to the dog if i was you the dog wood have an home for life pal

why dig to a dead fox,and why would you expect a lakeland terrier to sit beside a dead fox till you dig down to it,if they kill the fox and wait for you to rescue them then they are not much use,and how long would you expect them to stay in an undigable place with a dead fox,judgeing by some of you on here it would have to stay with a dead fox till it starved to death,or if it came out you would call it a jacker and kill the dog anyway,

was out crimbo eve my young bitch in doin well broke through fox dead bitch come out then my new 8 month pup got in before we got fox out.pulld fox further into tube so had to shift more muck to get both out.tuneld in he ontop chewing away lol.that was first hole he seen.dont know whither this good or bad start for young dog atb josie

done it a few times. even went back next day. the dog done its job

Head stong dogs always the same,you got to finish the job we done the same last week he had killed the fox but we sent him back in to retrive it instead of trying to get 16ft through rock and sure enuf he retrived it the post was on here! I say job well done,better than a dog that sits 2 meters away baying like i seen today :censored:

Edited by genuine

:doh:

after 4 years of owning the dog you would of thought he new the dog by now some people just dont get to know how they dogs work like cos they rare just the 10 minute crew

never heard a truer word fella :clapper::clapper:

yis chancer

done same to day if i dont get to my bitch in time i no she do her job in there if she comes out looking happy its all good :boogie: then i just put my drawer in if they ant to deep he must have went out once a year with the dog not to no it :doh::doh: